Couple morning Clubers

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Barney Stone, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Im wondering what demographic the club is aiming at to bring more players. It seems like the group we have now are 40-65 in general. IM guessing the kids arent members by numbers because if they were the site would be full of rudeness. But, poker these days is filled with youngsters just watch TV shows. This is probably the reason ClubUBT tried using IPods and Wii as prizes. Maybe the managers at ClubUBT have no clear direction when it comes to market focus.

Suggestion for the poker side. For me one of the most exciting things while playing poker is the knock out. I would install a bounty game. It could offer points for KOs. It could offer $ back to the KO leaders in a specific tourney even if you didnt place well.

2. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

3. pinklady

pinklady New Member

Hi,

I wish the clububt would put prizes like Laptops, computers, and put more prizes like cruises, watches during the day not just at nites.. because you have to think of others that work at nites... give others a chance......

I play all day long and like to see big prizes during the day. It dont have to be everyday just maybe like once a week.

One more thing that would be great.... once a week lets make LADIES NITE and Men s nite. That would be awesome... a prize for first place each nite for Ladies and Nite. What you think?

I used to play at Pokerhost I dont play there anymore Dont like the way they set up now. They had ladies nites on Thursdays just for ladies and gives out passwords and same goes for Men s nite on Wednesdays. It was fun. I bet it would bring more players.

Let me know what you think.......

Hey if that happens... GIVE PINKLADY A SEAT TO WSOP for her great ideas!!!:D :D :D :D :D

4. Venture

Venture Member

Demographics

My feel for their target market came from the TV show. IMO it was not targeted to serious blackjack players. Or serious people for that matter. There were probably two episodes in two years that were worth watching. It appears to me they were targeting "gamblers" of the most vulnerable type. Hard for me to imagine that profit from tournament play was their objective. It would also appear their business plan fell apart with the ban on internet gambling. But, that is just my take on the situation.

5. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I think its a sure thing the ban put big pressure on the tour and probably the TV show as well. But UBT reinvented itself with ClubUBT which was post government action. Im guessing from chats etc that the demo for ClubUBT is age range of 40-65 with slightly more males than females. I think this is a problem for the Club. If you watch poker now a-days it is filled with young players. Male 18-25. I havent seen any push at this crowed except a few IPod and Wii games. I have no idea if they are advertising to them. If they, Club, continue to hope the self employed, out of work, or retired crowed takes them to glory I say good luck, you need it.

jmo