Currently Active Users

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Reachy, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Do you ever get the feeling, as I do, that when you visit the "Who's Online" page, and you see that someone else is doing that same thing (i.e. watching what everybody else is doing), that you are in some way looking at them and they are looking at you? Rather like being in a room divided by an ultra-thick glass wall that you can see through but through which you cannot speak.

Yes, I know, I'm a weirdo.

Cheers

Reachy

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Yes, Peeping Toms but at least you know who's PEEPING - most of the time!!! :D :p :D

3. tgun

tgun Member

active users

We should be able to communicate with each other, when on the site at the same time. I thought that in the past it could be done.

tgun

4. Kaminari

Kaminari New Member

But what are you really doing when you are watching me?

:eek:

5. jmbelders

jmbelders Member

I don't know if we really want to know the answer to that!!

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Just looking

When I've written a post I'm always interested to see who's reading it. You can also see whether someone is replying to it in real-time and can await the response post thus allowing you to almost have a "conversation".

I also go into the "Currently Active Users" page if I want to keep myself logged in. I'm not sure what the time-out on logged in status is but it seems to be about 5 or 10 minutes. Since the CAU page automatically refreshes it prevents that time-out. I know I could check the "Stay Logged On" box but I don't want to do that.

There was a chat function on this site but I guess no-one ever used it since Ken has removed it.

In the past, when they still accepted US custom, Global Player was THE place to go for a chat, especially their Wednesday and Sunday MTTs. Sometimes I went there and didn't play but just chatted. Ahhhhh, the good old days....

Cheers

Reachy

PS. I'm watching you... . . .

7. masteff

masteff New Member

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't watching me.