Dan Mayo, sleep aid

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Barney Stone, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

moving this thread to a better place.

""I do agree with the "is like walking on a train" for it is an antihistamine and can be very sedating, but it does not have any diuretic properties.

Dan""

I read on the bottle people with prostate problems shouldnt take Benadryl. I thought maybe that was because it made you need to urinate more often and I could swear I do have to feel my way to bathroom when sedated and have to aim much more carefully LOL. Or, maybe I dont know what a diuretic is!

B

2. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Actually....

B,

It sounds like you do have the correct definition of a diuretic but I don't think that the warning label mentioned that. Above you stated that "...bottle stated people with prostate problems...". It is actually the oposite of what you surmized.

Anticholinergic adverse reaction is common with antihistamines.

"Antihistamine use is associated with ANTICHOLINERGIC SYMPTOMS. These most frequently include INSOMNIA, TREMORS, NERVOUSNESS, IRRITABILITY, PALPITATIONS, BLURRED VISION, CONSTIPATION, URINARY RETENTION, TACHYCARDIA, and dryness of the mouth, nose and throat, (Prod Info Benadryl(R), 1999)."

So it could actually cause you problems with pissing, if you were already so predisposed. :D

May your flow remain strong and accurate :laugh: ,
    Dan

3. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

I get it now

Now I understand some of your posts, Barney. You were stoned on Benadryl when you wrote them :laugh:

This discussion has been so inspirational, I'm gonna take one of my 4 remaining Percocets (I just had surgery last Thurs) and pass out. Beats the hell out of Benadryl...too bad you can only take a few or risk turning into a crackhead.

In all seriousness, the surgery I had was to clear up my airway because I had a deviated septum. Airway obstructions are one of the main reasons that cause sleep issues. You might as well get yours checked out. I can already tell how much better I'll sleep with mine fixed even though I'm not fully healed yet.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  4. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Ace

Not to metion the 5 tall boy RockStar energy drinks I have at 6am to shed my Benny hangover!

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ...

Yes, may the force be with you. :laugh:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006