default request read receipt

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by S. Yama, Nov 3, 2004.

1. S. Yama

S. Yama Active Member

It may be my old age, but does “request read receipt” pop-up message whenever we use Private Messages on bjt board irritate other people?
    It clutters mailbox and requires my arthritic fingers to make additional two clicks.
    Ken, can we get rid of it?

S. Yama

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Hmm. I don't see an option to disable that, which is a little surprising given the many options this software has. I was hoping it was an option that each individual user could control, but no such luck.

3. Joep

Joep Active Member

S Yama Chicks

Yama did you say your fingers are having problems with 2 CHICKS or 2 clicks.If you need help you know my number........LOL

4. S. Yama

S. Yama Active Member

Imagination

I am glad I am not the only s(l)ick member of our bjt society with an ab…undance of imagination.
    I just wonder what triggered Joep’s imagination? Was it word fingers or was it word click?
    If it was the former than I could only quote Woody Allen saying (some years ago when Warren Beatty was a handsome skirt chaser):
    If there is reincarnation, I'd like to come back as Warren Beatty's fingertips.

Request a read receipt not requested.

S. Yama

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Are you calling me old

I didnt know i had to stop chasing skirts at a certain age.The handsome part has never been an issue.I try to do the best i can with the cards that I am dealt.

6. S. Yama

S. Yama Active Member

Nobody lives that long.

I don’t know how you came up with an idea that I insinuated that you are old.
    I would never, never do it; Not in the next sixty-five years.
    Did you wonder about it because I prized you with rich imagination? - But that referred to... you know… the thing you and me have in common…the male thing.
    And if anyone is interested how it looks, look no further than here: http://www.sexyandfunny.com/a4.shtml

As to trying to do the best you can with cards dealt, I know that regardless whether you get a soft, hard, stiff, pat, or blackjack hand - you would win more often then others because it is not the dimensions of the cards but how you play them. And you are the Player.

On the other hand…
    Well, never mind. ;-)

S. Yama

PS
    Good luck, still, you can use it, especially in a couple of days.

7. cmonseven

cmonseven New Member

FIgured it out.

To make things a little easier and to avoid using up message storage space, when you are prompted to request a receipt, instead of saying yes, just chose cancel instead. Your message will be sent with out receipt.