Derby County 1 - West Bromwich Albion 0

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Reachy, May 28, 2007.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Derby County have just been promoted to the English Premiership in what has been described by some as the most valuable game of football (proper football, not the one with helmets and shoulder pads!) in the world this season. Figures of around £60 million ($120 million) have been put on the value to the successful club of being promoted from The Championship (2nd Division) to The Premiership (1st Division) of English football. As you may be able to tell I'm a life-long Derby fan (I was born there) and it's always been a rollercoaster ride for any Rams supporters since the glory days of the '70's.

Interestingly Derby's home ground used to be called "The Baseball Ground" since it was originally built as the home of baseball in the UK many years ago as part of an ill-fated and unsuccessful drive to introduce baseball over here. They have since moved to Pride Park but I have many fond memories of watching Derby play at the Baseball ground back in the 70's.

Well done the Rams!!!!

Cheers

Reachy

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  2. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Congratulations

I suspect I know why you have posted this here. With the current wave of wealthy Americans buying English football teams, you are hoping that someone with a few hundred million to spare will see this and take the bait. :D Maybe Paul Allen will switch his attention from Southampton to Derby.

3. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Derby Promoted...lol

Make the most of it Reachy.

You have not got a cat in hells chance of staying up in the Premiership League.

Bolton Wanderers forever.

Andy ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2007