Did she make the proper bet??

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by the farmer, Jan 8, 2008.

1. the farmer

the farmer New Member

My friend was in a tournament this past week . 20 hands were played counted down after the 19 th. $2000.00 max bet. My friend was player #3 at the count she has $4900. # 2 has 5500. # 1 has 5000.
    #3 has the last bet - the other two players bet the max. what should she have bet?
    WILL GIVE HER DECISION AFTER I get some responses. The Farmer
    p. s.
    there was no surrender , no double downs after a split.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I think 1350. If the dealer makes BJ, both of her opponents fall below her. It also gives her a chance to DD or split and vault past both of their single wins.

3. toonces

toonces Member

I agree with LeftNut. That is a classic take the low while leaving yourself chances at the high.

4. the farmer

the farmer New Member

Did she make the proper bet?

Thanks guys for your responses. She bet the max $2000.00
    The dealer had B.J. - OF COURSE SHE LOST. any other suggestions anyone?

THANKS AGAIN! The Farmer

5. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

If the dealer made BJ with an Ace up, she should have taken $300 insurance when the other 2 passed on it.
    Once she made that correlating max $2K bet, insurance was a free shot.
    Even if she had the ideal DD situation, i.e. her 6-5 vs. the others having 10-8 and 10-9, insurance was still a freebie.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

A little more

Winning an insurance bet of $300 only gives a tie with BR1 (both would end up with 3500). So the insurance bet should have been 300 + a chip. That extra chip guarantees a table win if the dealer has BJ and means nothing if the dealer does not have BJ.

7. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Oops!

Duhhhhhh - of course!!!! Shame on me (NURSE! More coffee, please)... :laugh: