Discussion of my E-Book

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by KenSmith, Jan 25, 2010.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Over at BlackjackInfo, user garygo has posted some questions about my E-book "How to Win More Blackjack Tournaments", and I've replied to them there.

Yes, it's a discussion that would fit more accurately over here, but I decided to answer it in place anyway.

If you're interested, here's the link:
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=17143

Feel free to chime in, and correct any errors on my part.

If you want to post there, please note that the username and password there are separate from those used here. You are free to re-register with the same name and password over there though.

There's also a second thread of his ideas that I haven't had a chance to address yet. Please do hop into that discussion at
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=17145

2. marichal

marichal Member

wow!! :laugh:

3. mikey754

mikey754 New Member

Smarter Than Ken

This guy has 9 months experience and he is already an expert...better than Ken?

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I didn't take his post that way at all. I think he's just thinking critically about all the provided information, which is definitely a good thing. Learning and understanding require critical thinking, and there's certainly plenty to be critical about in my writing and examples!

On a similar note, back when the book initially was released someone here at BJT was kind enough to send along a PM to me with a similarly lengthy list of suggested changes and clarifications. I accidentally let the PM get away when I cleared my inbox. If this sounds familiar to you after all this time, please send it again if you still have the information! And I apologize for not remembering which member you are!

Monkeysystem likes this.
  5. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Peer Review

It's always good when experts have their writings put to the test with pointed questions. Everyone learns from this process, including the experts being questioned.

Strategy debates in this forum used to devolve into food fights, with egos being bruised by well intentioned questions. It doesn't happen that way any more. It's refreshing to see an expert like Ken Smith take it as a compliment and as constructive when someone challenges him on his writings.

Experts in other fields such as economics and physics expect and relish it when their published writing is peer reviewed and challenged openly. It should be no different in tournament blackjack.

I think garygo's contributions are a good thing for this forum and hope he'll bring it over here instead of at the card counter website... ;)