Do the $5 Satellites at Bet21 ever fill up?

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Reachy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I've been trying for the last couple days to play one of the above games and they never seem to make the minimum player requirement (30) and get cancelled. Anybody ever actually played in of these? When is the best time to catch one? When I'm tucked up in bed I expect.

Cheers

Reachy

2. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

StKitts. Satellites

I just now played one. Early evening Eastern time seems to work. Goodnite.

3. Reachy

Reachy New Member

still no joy!

I have still NEVER managed to play one of these tourneys!!!!:flame:

I've entered 3 tonight and they were all cancelled. And there are loads of bjt.com members waiting as well: Ken, Swog, fgk, Rando, luckygem, to name but a few. Aaarghhhh! So frustrating.....

Cheers

Reachy

4. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

yes my British buddy alas no one seems to want to join in.

I personally feel that it is a very sad time for the TBJ world. The EV on a $5 entry is just too good to pass up.

I have e-mailed CS to suggest that they up the ante to $10 and lower the number of entries to 15 rather than 30.

With so many members here (over 5000) to think that you can't get 30 people to pay 500 pennies for the opportunity to get $200 is just sad :sad:

I am beginning to wonder how many people will actually be in St. Kitts!

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

As of 6:50 pm EST there are over 500 people signed up for the freeroll on UBT.com to QUALIFY for a tourney for a final seat in LA.

There are only 5 players willing to pay 5.00 for a 1/30 chance to qualify for a tourned in which the winner is supplied a 6,000 package to St. Kitts.

Hmmmmm

6/500+ chance for a qualifier (over 250) or
    1/30 chance for a qualifier (30)

YOU do the math

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

How about this

8 players pay $27.50+$2.75, 2 rounds, play 2 tables of 4 players, 2 advance to final table, winner takes all.

Cheers

Reachy

7. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

I saw you there yesterday ...almost every time Reachy....no games went off later either after you went to bed.

How does that make any sense ???I dont know....

100 plus..people actually signed up for 5 dollar = 500 guarentee

More than a one in a hundred chance of ????...167 dollar first place??? vs 1 in 30 for $215

Where were all the supporters?

8. Current Tournament Minimums

They have a rule that no table ever sits with 5 players. This is to preserve the elimination format. If only 29 players enter, there is no way to seat the players without putting only 5 at one of the tables. So, 30 is the minimum.

I would not be surprised if this minimum number or registrants requirement changes soon.

9. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Thanks Bradley

Thank you for pointing out the reasoning behind the required 30 minimum players need to play. And I do agree (at least hope) that the requirements will be changing soon as well.

10. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I'll keep on trying...

...but knowing my luck at present if I do ever get a game I'll be eliminated in Round 8 when I'm BR1 going into the round. :flame:

The same names keep popping up, just need a few more...

Bradley - Are you part of the bet21.com organisation?

Cheers

Reachy