Does Iran own Bet21.com?

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by fgk42, Mar 27, 2007.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Well well well,

It seems like Bet21.com isn’t the only company in the world to renege on making promised payments.

In world news Iran had a contract with Russia on the nuclear Bushehr plant in southwest Iran. Apparently Iran hasn’t been making their payments to Russia.

Now I know that there isn’t a great deal of demand for building nuclear power plants so why not just keep building and training the Iranians? Surely they would be paid eventually? I mean where else can you go and build nuclear power plants. If you stop your workers are out of jobs! I mean what’s the big deal? The Iranian government is good the money right?

After all its the only nuclear plant in town right?

Well I guess the Russians got tired of hearing, “you’ll get your deposit bonus dollars soon.” (Oops that was Bet21.com NOT the Iranians :laugh: ) But the Russians pulled out!

Imagine that – actually holding a company, no make that a government, responsible for paying their bills! Amazing.

Imagine what would happen to Bet21.com if all players stopped playing!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070309/wl_nm/iran_russia_dc

2. Kaminari

Kaminari New Member

:D

A bit far-fetched.....but the point is clearly made.

Remember the paperboy in the John Cusack movie "Better off Dead"?

"I want my two dollars....I want my two dollars...."

:laugh:

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

More Evidence!

Britain presses Bet21.com; bonus money may be freed
    By FGK42 PRODUCTIONS, Associated Writer 42 minutes ago​

Britain said it was freezing talks on all other issues with Bet21.com until it freed 15 Royal Navy crew members deposit bonuses held since last year. The British military released what it said was proof its players were playing elimination blackjack within Iraqi territorial waters when the accounts were opened.

Bet21.com's foreign minister meanwhile said nothing.

Britain's military said its players were 1.7 nautical miles inside Iraqi waters when Bet21.com denied the money to the sailors and marines on Friday.

Vice Adm. Charles Style told reporters that Bet21.com had provided a response on Sunday. By Tuesday, Bet21.com officials had given a revised position — a claim he said was not verified by global positioning system coordinates.

"It is hard to understand a legitimate reason for this change of behavior," Style said.

Prime Minister Tony Blair told the House of Commons that "there was no justification whatever ... for Bet21.com’s decision - their detention, (of the pending deposit bonus money) it was completely unacceptable, wrong and illegal."

"We had hoped to see their immediate release; this has not happened. It is now time to ratchet up the diplomatic and international pressure in order to make sure Bet21.com understands its total isolation on this issue," Blair said.

British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett said Britain had frozen bilateral talks with Bet21.com on all other issues until the free the money.

"No one should be in any doubt about the seriousness with which we regard these events," Beckett told lawmakers.

In Tehran, Bet21.com’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said the case was following normal procedures, holding out.

:joker:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070328/ap_on_re_eu/british_seized_iran