Don Catlin article mentions 1978 BJ Tourney

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Jan 6, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I wish I was a punk rocker...

What do you think Anthony means here?

Cheers

Reachy

3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Reachy,

Have you been spending too much time with TSS? Anthony's statement is pretty straight foreword but in case you didn't get it, the answer to your question "What do you think Anthony means here?" is "easier". I think you can take it from there. :rolleyes: :eek:

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

smartarse

OK, let me reword. What do members of the forum think of Anthony's statement? Does Anthony think that poker and all other tourney games require more skill than TBJ?

Cheers

Reachy

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Anthony means that it is more likely for a tournament novice to win a UBT event (or blackjack event) than a poker tournament, or a craps tournament. Both of those other events are strongly biased toward the experts winning. In blackjack, anybody can win if they're getting better cards than the rest of the table, or just get lucky on their biggest bets.

6. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I read this as: UBT is more complicated than TBJT. Statement of fact.

Then but [it meaning/implied Blackjack tourneys] is still easier than most tournament games and definitely easier than a Poker tournament. To me here AC is not saying EBJ specifically. In fact you need to re-read the authors initial lamenting about how BJT changed/evolved from favoring card counters and conservative players to today's TBJT/EBJ.

His first experience with TBJ was TWO HOURS, with single deck face up! Compare that to today's 2 minute TEC games! Now compare that to the 2 day poker tourney!

It would be nice for someone who knows AC to ask him to post here and clarify HIS views from the article. All too often when we say something and someone different writes it down meanings can get slightly twisted. Or then agains maybe AC thinks EBJ IS easier than TBJT! He is constantly on final tables and 2nd in the 5,000 table last night!