England vs USA - 8th Sept

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Reachy, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

It's the Rugby World Cup in France soon and England take on the USA this Saturday in their first match. These teams have played each other 8 times in the past and USA have come 2nd on each occasion :D .

I'll keep you posted.

Link - http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fixtures/round=100/match=10076/index.html

Cheers

Reachy

PS. I think there may be quite a lot of points scored in this game!!

2. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

I was about to post on this very subject

If England were to lose this game it would be a shock on a par with Martians landing in Trafalgar Square, yet there is a precedent in football - the USA beating England 1-0 in the 1950 World Cup.

3. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Rugby World Cup

For some reason, the American tv networks don't do a good job of covering rugby :confused:

but - if you have been following American Football - little Appalachian State just beat #5 ranked Michigan :)

Perhaps an omen? The Eagles shall rise up and smite mighty England?

4. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Football

The current FIFA rankings out of the 199 countries playing real football are: -

England in 12th position with a rating as equal.

USA in 17th position with a rating as downward.

Andy

5. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Swing low, sweet chariot...

After a disastrous start (beating the USA but not well, losing 36-0 to South Africa) England are playing in the Rugby World Cup Final against South Africa after a remarkable turnaround of form and show of utter determination and guts. Not favoured to get past the quarter finals where they met Australia, one of the best teams in the world, they also beat the home team and another favourite for the title, France. History beckons, could be the first team to retain the title....

Cheers

Reachy

6. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

No words needed!

[​IMG]