Face up or face down DD card?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Reachy, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Do you think exposing DD cards as soon as they are dealt favours skilled or unskilled players? Or is it skill neutral? I only ask as on Global the DD card is shown straight away whereas on WSOB it is dealt face down and only revelaed at the end. Which way is the most common? What's your preference?

Obviously it doesn't affect the outcome of the DD itself but it will influence how others play.

Cheers

Reachy

2. Moses

Moses Active Member

Skilled

I think that the more information available favors skilled players, because the skilled players will know better how to use the information to impact strategy.

3. Reachy

Reachy New Member

That's what I thought

I guessed as much.

Cheers

Reachy

4. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Reachy,

Interesting question on this one. Personally when I play at a table by myself or group I like the face down but not many places I play do it.

In a tournament it would take on a whole different aspect, especially on the last hand when someone needs to double on a hard 16-19 to have a shot at the BR1.

I notice on Blackjack 21 they deal it face down also.

I guess some consistency would be in order for this - I wonder how TX's TBT will handle that one?????

5. Jackaroo

Jackaroo New Member

It depends...

See the TBT web site

Rule 28. "...Cards will be dealt face up (in most cases), including all double downs (again in most cases)." The most cases is when a 6-deck shoe is used.

In a single or double deck game where the cards are dealt face down, double down cards are face down also, unless the hand being doubled is bustable (i.e.,12 or more) in which case the double down card is dealt face up--the normal procedure in a regular "pitch" game.

--jr