Firepay fraud alert

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by toolman1, Sep 14, 2006.

1. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

If you have a Firepay account this is for you. A fraudulent e-mail is being circulated with the Firepay logo. If you receive this e-mail, DO NOT RESPOND. If you are concerned about your account, contact Firepay through your normal procedures. DO NOT use the link in this e-mail.

The following is a copy of the e-mail:

Dear FirePay Customer,

You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your Firepay account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

If your account informations is not updated within the next 24 hours, then will assume this account is fraudulent and will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your FirePay account has not fraudulently used and to combat fraud.
    To speed up the process, you are required to verify your FirePay account by following the link below:

--https://account.firepay.xxx.xxx-- (Link has been deactivated in this post for our safety)

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we would like to thank you for cooperation as we review this matter.

Regards,
    FirePay Online.

Copyright 2006 FireOne Group plc. All Rights Reserved. PRIVACY POLICY.​

2. noman

noman Top Member

Firepay fraud:

Thankx toolman1.

Similiarly, not sure if it was legit, but received an e-mail stated as Ultimate to use a quick reader for credit cards or debit cards, free to the first 100 to respond. I responded to the offer, but not to the subsequent request to forward my citidal account numbrer. (which I don't have anyway.)

So the ethiopian scam and disconnections are the bane of on line play for big bucks. What's a mother to do, when she's homebound?