First tournament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Pogodo111, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Pogodo111

Pogodo111 New Member

So I competed in my first tournament at the goldstrike yesterday. I was eliminated after the first round. I honestly don't see how anyone could have any consistent success at winning these tournament as it's based more on getting good cards than anything else. I bet pretty conservatively in the outset and tried to pick it up at the mid way point, but just got lousy cards the entire round. It didn't seem like much betting strategy was being employed by anyone at the table either. I had fun anyway and look forward to my next tournament this weekend at fitz.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Hang in there. There's a lot more to this game than initially meets the eye.
    Good luck this weekend. If you see me around at Fitz, come introduce yourself.

3. Duy Tran

Duy Tran New Member

Hey Ken, What do you look like? I was in Tunica for the nightly 27th and Aug 8 for the 50k one. I'm sure I met you a few times, just don't know who you are.

I'm the Early 20's Asian guy.

4. S. Yama

S. Yama Active Member

He looks just like his twin brother

Just look at the left margin of the page, most of the times there is ad for Ken's e-book "How to win more bj tournaments" with his twin brother picture on the cover.
    Or go to his intro of his blakckjackinfo.com

Good luck,
    S.Y.

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Or look at his avatar. :D

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Actually I think this alternative version of my avatar is a better likeness. :D

Attached Files:

7. crutch49

crutch49 New Member

I played in my first tournament last month at the Silver Moon. It was a small weekly tournament with 60 playing. I didn't qualify (lost by $25 ) and tried a re-buy but busted out. I got lucky and drew Wild Card for final table and won the tournament.

First place paid $ 1500. I definitely had beginners luck. I hope to make it to Sams Town next week and see if I still have some luck left. LOL

8. crutch49

crutch49 New Member

Oops

SORRY it was the Silver Star not Silver Moon.:confused: The Golden Moon has a tournament on Friday Nights and are only open on weekends. Both are $2500 and pay $1500 for first place. $25 buy in for each tournament.

9. BJMAILMAN

BJMAILMAN Member

Congrats. Goodluck in the future.