Fitz Tunica July 30 - Aug 1, 2010

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Jul 27, 2010.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

This event looks like it is shaping up to be a popular one among BJT members, with 8 members already listed on the attendee list.

I look forward to seeing lots of familiar faces there this weekend.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. Pogodo111

Pogodo111 New Member

Just added my name to the list. Hopefully I will be able to meet some of you. Then I can watch you guys at the table and learn a few things.

3. KenSmith

When I left the Fitz after a failed semifinal effort, there were at least two BJT members at the final table, and at least two more still competing at the wildcard table.

How about some results? Anyone?

4. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Fitz's results

We, too, had to leave before the final table and are very curious as to the results. I do know from bjbeauty that Dr. Bass did not advance. What about a link on the site where those who know the results of recent tournaments could inform the rest of the members....just a thought. Hi to Jan. le

5. Trouble

Trouble Member

Fitz

I failed to get a list of all the winners. James won the 20K. I could only manage 6th out of 7.

Trouble

6. KenSmith

Congrats on making the finals Trouble, and thanks for the update. I'll check with James before responding further here.

7. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

Fitz Results

1st place went to James Moran, I think a member of this site. He is from the Ark-Tx-La area. He languished in last place until near the end was able to get 4 hands by splitting 6's three times, getting 2 double downs and winning all. He then had a max bet double down on the last hand and got 21.
    2nd place went to a local that I don't know. Early on he split aces three times for 4 hands with a large bet and won all 4 hands and everyone else lost. He made a horrible bet on last hand of $1500 when all he had to do was bet minimum and no one could catch him.
    3rd place went to another Fitz regular, Big Dog. Don't think he is a member of this site, but is well known at the Fitz.
    4th place went to a young black lady from Memphis playing in her 1st BJ tournament.
    I took 5th place. Never got any good cards the whole round. Could have and should have locked up 4th place, but thought I could catch Big Dog for 3rd with a large bet. Lost the hand and 4th place when the black lady won her last hand. Could have bet less and guaranteed 4th, but am stubborn and it cost me $900.
    Rick Fortner from this site took 6th place. He also never got any cards and never had a chance.
    7th place went to a local. He earlier build a large lead and just kept betting big until he went broke.
    Only 84 participants. More of you need to come to their next tournament in January.

8. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Kudos to you!

Congratulations to you, Deltaduke...as well as to James and Rick. That "Big Dog" is really hard to beat. Yes, hopefully, more BJT members and other will be in attendance in January. Don't know any other tournament where you are given so many opportunities to "win your table" than at the Fitz. le

9. KenSmith

Congrats to all the BJT members for the fine showing!

This event offers a lot of play for the participants. The structure is unuusual, with rebuy rounds commencing after two rounds of initial play. The key though is that you go to tournaments to play, and this event allows you plenty of chances to do that. Even if you never advance from a table, you could play four times. (First try, second free try, first rebuy, second rebuy.)

I hope to see higher attendance in the future as well.

10. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Fitz

.....and many Wild Cards drawn, as well...:)

11. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Excellent!

Congrats indeed to James, Deltaduke, and Rick. Good news that good players were so liberally represented at that final table.
    Way to go, guys! :cheers:

12. marichal

marichal Member

fitz

hey lefty;

think we will make the trip to the fitz on the next go around.
    see you in tama in a couple of months.

13. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Upcoming Fitz tourney

The next "go round" may be sooner than expected. According to Mark, Fitz tournament director, a letter will go out to those who attended last week-end's event, announcing the next "Win Your Table" tournament. He said it looks like the dates will be October 22 - 24. We shall see.