Fitz Tunica news

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Oct 8, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Last weekend's event at the newly renamed "Fitz" in Tunica drew 98 players for the $500 entry fee. The event was a nice overlay, paying out a total of $49,000 in cash plus $25,000 in promo chips. As expected for an Adolph-and-crew managed event, this one was well-run and got solid reviews from the players.

I made another semifinal, and had the high on the last hand but no good. I pushed with 20 and that wasn't enough. (I actually needed a dealer 17,18, or 19 after another player doubled stiff for a higher high.)

Adolph announced afterwards that the next event will be in late January, likely either the 3rd or 4th weekend in January. And... The format is changing. The next event is slated to be elimination style, rather than the current hybrid half-accumulation/half-elimination event.

So, for the many of you who have been requesting this change, come support this event in late January in Tunica.

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Third week I hope...

Since the BJ Cruise is the last week I hope Adolph hosts it on the 3rd week.

If so, I'd love to be there.

By the way, know who won?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Sorry I'm slacking in the journalism department. I don't have the name of the winner. He was an older gentleman, who won the wild-card drawing into the semifinal round.