Fitz Tunica Sept 18-20, 2009

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Sep 15, 2009.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

After missing several of these events lately, I'll be attending this one.
    Who else is coming along?

2. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Signed up today

I got permission to go today so I signed up. May not arrive until late, but will see you on Saturday.

Pat

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

My prediction

With the resent success of BJT.com members (Walt & John) winning resent events, I going to make a prediction for the Fitz. tournament.

Not saying he will win, but I think Ptaylorcpa is going to cash in this event. Good luck to Pat and all the other BJT.com'ers playing the Fitz. this weekend.

ptaylorcpa likes this.
  4. Trouble

Trouble Member

Fitz Tunica

I will see you there.

5. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Jinxed now

Hey Rick,

Hope you didn't jinx me now.... LOL.

Maybe the cards will fall right for once. I think one time I missed the final table there because I opened my mouth to soon on the last hand on the semi table. I was BR1 and BR2 could only win if the dealer gave BR2 a Blackjack. Naturally I pointed this out to everyone and was confident that I had my seat. What happens, she deals him a blackjack!

I have learned to keep my mouth shut to avoid getting jinxed now!

Pat

6. TXtourplayer

No jinx

Pat note I said cash instead of win just so I don't jinx you...lol. I picked you on the cruise two years ago and not only did you win Deb and Sara also made the final table as well.

I see it just got tougher with Trouble being there...lol. Rick (Trouble) made the final table at the last Fitz. tournament.

At least it will be a little easier this tournament, Swog (3rd place last Fitz. tournament) won't be coming this time.

Wish I could be there, but still in catch up mode. Good luck to everybody at the Fitz. this weekend.

7. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Comin'

Quite a few of the Ark-La-Tex bunch will be there.....I, sans FEIII, (but bringing a friend) Eastexpro, John/Deb L, Farmer and Helen (who just celebrated their 55 wedding anniversary with a surprise party around the Tues. nite BJ tournament tables @ Eldorado), Wiltz, George, Walter and others will be heading east.....also got email from Springbac who will be there. Sorry that Swog won't be able to defend his final table spot. :sad: Will be good to see everyone. Be careful.....le

8. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Something different

I'm fishing in a Muskie tournament this weekend in northern Wisconsin (20k first place). Also, first 50" muskie wins new boat, trailer, etc. worth 15k
    Won't have to compete with you guys but those 400 other fishermen are damn tough to beat!
    Good luck to you folks.

Billy C

9. TXtourplayer

Tenn. connection

Just heard UTVolfan will be playing the Fitz. also, boy the field is getting tougher and tougher.

Lets have a repete of the last Fitz. tourney, 4 BJT.com'ers in the finals:
    Counselorlee, Eastxpro, Swog, & Trouble.

Again good luck to all playing the Fitz.

10. TXtourplayer

Mafia coming...

Watch out Fitz. the St. Louis Mafia is coming to play as well. Sure wish I could make it down there to see everybody, should have some good competition with so many good players.

11. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Kudos to our Leader

Congrats to Ken Smith for taking down 3rd or 4th (whoops, a senior moment there) at the Fitz yesterday. Yes, a member of the St. Louis Mafia slipped in at the end to take down 1st place...to the joy of the Mafia group staying around to watch. Good tournament. le

12. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Fun format

Winning your table (one advances) is a tough format, but Fitz does a great job of giving you multiple chances to play for the buyin and rebuy with all their wildcards.

The final table was very well played, the dealer BJ on the next to last hand hurt Ken's catchup big bet, but everyone on the table put out money so it wasn't as much of an impact, although a minimum bet on that hand would have changed his odds considerably.

It was a nice paycheck for all the TBJ players who finished in the money. The next one at the Fitz will be in January which unfortunately will be during tax season so I will probably miss it.

Congrats Ken!

13. KenSmith

Thanks guys. I finished in 4th, with Alex Cantrell finishing in 3rd.
    Also of note was Counselorlee's friend Jamie (sp?) who made the final table. Her cards in the final were tough and she finished in 7th. Still a nice showing!

Paul from St Charles MO won the first place price of $20,000 and change.
    Attendance was 115 players. I know we can do better in January.

I must say that regardless of results, I found this to be a very enjoyable format. Kudos to Adolph, Mark and the whole staff there for a well-run event, and one that really works them hard.

We attend these events to get to play, and this event offers everyone at least 3 tables of action if they rebuy. I ended up with a back-and-forth start, and played a total of 6 tables including the final, and that didn't include any wildcards!

I hope to see everyone there again in January.

14. tgun

tgun Member

great time at the Firz

Wtg winners. Stl mafia's newest member brought home the bacon. Nice going Paul. Paul hasn't posted here but reads everything on the site. Before the start of the final, Paul said that he was just glad to have met Ken and the rest of the gang from here. He'll be back!

tgun

15. Trouble

Trouble Member

Fitz Tournament

My congratulations to all the winners.

Trouble

16. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

WOW! Sounds like our BJT.com "family" was very well represented at that final table. Congrats to all who made it there, especially to Paul for taking it all. Gotta watch out for them rookies! :D

Did everyone get paid in cash, or that "other" way?

17. KenSmith

All cash! That's becoming a rarity!

18. F.W. Bishop

F.W. Bishop New Member

Great Trny

Just arrived back in the big city of Burburnett Tx from the Fitz trny. This was my first time to travel for a trny. Really enjoyed it and learned alot. Met lots of great people and finallt got to meet Ken. This will def. be on my list from now on. Thanks all and congrats to the winners. I made it to semifinals but lost out on the 20th hand.

v/r

Wayne

19. SOOZZIEC

SOOZZIEC New Member

Fitz

Congrats to Paul from St charles, Mo He proudly represented the STL Mafia !
    in the Fitz tourney.
    he is the newest member of the STL Mafia and we welcome him!
    :D

it was great seeing eveyone there also. It was an enjoyable time

Lou /Sue