Fitzgerald's Tournament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by the farmer, Dec 5, 2007.

1. the farmer

the farmer New Member

I spoke with a host today and was informed that the tournament will be January 25th, 26th and 27th, 2008. Buy-in will be $300...re-buy will be $200. Registration, check-in by 6:00 P.M. the 25th. Table assignments and refreshments will begin at 5:00 to 8:00 P.M. at the poolside.

Prize Money: 1st Place is $30,000
    2nd Place is $ 9,500
    3rd Place is $ 6,000
    4th Place is $ 3,500
    5th Place is $ 2,000
    6th Place is $ 1,000
    7th Place is $ 500

I believe this is correct.

The Farmer

2. drewdog

drewdog New Member

Thanks for the info. I am new to tournament play and to this forum. I have been watching for this tournament. Do you vets think this would be a good one for a newbie? I think I may try it as my first "big one".

Thanks in advance for the advice.

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Yes, this event should offer good value, and would make an excellent choice for your first big event.

4. drewdog

drewdog New Member

Thanks Ken. I have been following you for a long time. Hope to see you around someday.

5. the farmer

the farmer New Member

You're welcome Drewdog -I failed to put the ''host'' name & phone no.
    in the note.
    His name is Helmut - cell # 662/404/4473 .......... tell him that Shipp
    told you. Hope to see you in Tunica...

THE FARMER

6. drewdog

drewdog New Member

Oh, sorry. Thank-you for the help. Like I stated earlier, I am new to this. Should I contact Helmuth then?

7. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Add-on prize money?

I agree with Ken, Drewdog. I think this is a great format for a new player to attend.

Normally Adolf Lepre will add additional prize money to his tournaments and as far as I know this is still one of his events along with Mike Mav.

It is my understanding that they will use the tradishional elimination format (similar to the TBJPA format). However I'll be unable to attend due to the Blackjack Cruise I am hosting during the same time.

I wish you good luck and I warn you, if you cash in your first event, you'll be hooked on tournament play!