Fitzgeralds Tunica $75K October 5-7, 2007

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Sep 23, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

This event has been mentioned here already, but I wanted to post the latest details I got from Adolph Lepre at Fitzgeralds.

As most of you know, the tournament team of Adolph Lepre and Mike "Mav" Mavromatis always do an outstanding job with these events. They run extremely player-friendly events, so don't miss this one.'

EVENT NAME: The $75,000 Ultimate Blackjack Tournament

DATE & TIME: October 5-7 2007

$ 500 buy-In includes a free room for 2 nights and breakfast each morning.

Friday night registration /Reception from 5pm-8pm at the pool and a Tournament gift.

Prizes:
    1st Place: $35,000 ($25,000 cash + $10,000 promo chips)
    2nd Place: $10,000
    3rd Place: $7000
    4th Place: $4500
    5th Place: $2000
    6th Place: $1000
    7th Place: $500

Non-advancing semifinalists also get a $500 promo chip.

To register, call the Host Desk at Fitzgeralds at 800-766-5825.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I've already booked this event, so I hope to see many of you there.

2. Kyle P

Kyle P New Member

I am thinking of trying this tournament. It will be my first tournament outside of the glamorous glitzy world of Oklahoma.

How do promo chips work?

3. Moses

Moses Active Member

Promo Chips Procedure

The promo chips must be played in the denomination issured. They may be played only at even money bets (exception is that a blackjack on a promotion chip bet pays 3:2). You play the chip only one, win or loose; except they do not take the chip on a push.

4. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Chip denomination

I think that last time they gave the $500 winners five $100 chips. I imagine they probably gave Moses $500 chips for his $10,000.

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Cutoff Point?

Does anyone know what the advancing cutoff point for the total of rounds 1 and 2 was for the last tournament they held?

I understand, from their last tournament, that the starting bankroll is $5,000 per round. Will this probably still hold for this event?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  6. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

Cutoff Last Tournament

Strictly going by memory, but I think it was $16,200. $5000 was starting bankroll each session. There were a total of 100 players. I think there will be more this time.

7. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Seems like the scores were high

I think the cutoff may have been higher than what was anticipated due the tournament director "coaching" everyone that this was an accumulation tournament, you needed to bet big and accumulate as much as you could. I think there was one person with a score that only could have been reached by pretty much max betting every hand, doubling lots and winning a very high percentage of the hands played. I don't remember if I wrote down the scores, but I will look.

Oh yeah, I remember now, this is the tournament that I lost on the last hand in my semifinal round and didn't get to the final table! I was betting last and was BR1. I told the dealer that the only way I could lose was for her to deal the guy next to me a blackjack, which she promptly did. That left me no choice but to double down a hard six and hope the dealer busted with a 10 up. She flipped a six under and promptly flipped another small card to wipe me out! Bad memories!!!!

8. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

deltaduke & ptaylorcpa,

Thanks for the info. Right now it doesn't look like I will be there in Oct. but just in case my plans change I wanted to have this information.

Sounds like a replay of many of my tables. ;)

9. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Who is coming to this tourney?

10. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

11. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

I'll be there.