Flamingo Invitational in October

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by JackBlack, Sep 27, 2005.

1. JackBlack

JackBlack New Member

I'm signed up for the invitational tourney at the Flamingo on October 8th. Has anyone played this tourney before or scheduled for this one in October? Format? Min/Max bet? Advice? Thanks! :)

2. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Flamingo Tourney Format

Mr. Black,

Sorry this took a while to post, I have been traveling. I have played in many of the Flamingo blackjack tourneys, and will be at this one also (Have been fortunate enough to be at the finals table in the last one I played). As you are already signed up, I am sure you know the registration times as well as the prize schedule. Although they may change the format, what they have done consistantly in the past is:

Elimination format
    2 advance from first round, 1 advances from subsequent rounds
    $5000 in funny money chips bankroll each round
    betting limits 100 to 5000
    six deck with Flamingo rules
    NO COUNT done of players chips during sessions
    wild card draws into rounds (can't recall if there was a wc to the finals table or not)

The Flamingo has always adjusted the prize pool down proportionately with a lower than expected number of entrants (I don't recall anytime they have had the expected number of entrants or above).

BTW, the FLA is also holding a VP tourney 02-04 OCT, and a slot tourney 09-11 OCT as long as you are making the trip (I will be at both of those also).

Let me know if you have other questions.

"Roll Tide" (I lived in Mobile for 8 years, leaving in '84 - got a post graduate degree from USA).

Chips

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  3. JackBlack

JackBlack New Member

Thanks Chip

Thanks for the update. I'll be sure and look for you there. Best of luck and see at the final table.

4. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Flamingo Tourney in NOVEMBER

For those of you with an interest, the (Fabulous) Flamingo is having another blackjack tournament 18-20 November. The Event Calendar has just been updated with the details.

Chips