Freeplay Chips Question (both play until you lose and 1x use)

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by BughouseMaster, Apr 19, 2014.

1. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

So I get a lot of table play "freeplay" chip offers but most places outside of CET in Vegas is only one-time use, so instead of gambling on the ~50/50 chance with the "free money" I'd rather GUARANTEE myself as much money as I can.

Having said this, what I usually do is play black on roulette with $200 in my FP then put half ($100) on red. Thus virtually guaranteeing me $100 unless 0/00 comes up (maybe drop a $5 bet on the 0/00 split to cover your case in it lands for a cool ~$90). But..... is this the best we can do, win half of whatever freeplay table offer we bet? One can also do the above on banker/player in bacarrat but paying 5% is stupid so I prefer "GAMBLING" with my my 96% advantage in roulette.

Also I'd like to know yalls thoughts if the freeplay was for slots (i.e. ReelRewards)... I have something in mind but want to know yalls thoughts first.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Slot free play is worth far more than one-time use promo chips of the same denomination.
    If you can play it at video poker, you can almost always find a 98% or better return game to play it. For 9/6 jacks, the free play is worth 99.5% of face value.

As for how to use the one time promo chips, see Grosjean's article for more than you ever wanted to know about them:
    http://www.beyondcounting.com/pdfs/beyondcouponsbjfo.pdf

Your best option (if you don't mind some risk) is to use them at three card poker.

PlayHunter and The_Professional like this.