Gold Strike November 2-4

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by ptaylorcpa, Oct 17, 2006.

1. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

I think someone made a mistake. I have actually received my fist invite to an invitational tournament! I was so excited when Deb showed me the mail when I got home last night. Then she showed me the one she got too! Burst my bubble....lol.

Hope to see everyone there.

:D

2. bahoozle

bahoozle Member

low-rollers...

If anyone hears that they've opened this up to us uninvited low-rollers, lemme know!

3. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

That's why it must be a mistake

I am not in the league with the high rollers, you would typically find me at the $5 tables, although my wife prefers to play DD pitch, so it is usually at least $10.

The fine print says "Complimentary component of this offer is based on a historical level of play and is subject to the same level of tracked play during event participation."

Since they have low expectations from my play, hopefully they won't present me with a bill at the end of the weekend....

4. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Just talked to the Gold Strike

What I was told is this coming BJ tournament is an invite only event, however the last one started out that way as well and changed closer to the event.

As far as getting an invite, I was told that you needed either time and a certain average bet or a loss on a resent trip (within the last 6 months).

It will be a Hybrid format again with the top 35 players (high score) advancing to the semifinals plus 1 wild card and 6 advancing to the finals plus 1 wild card.

5. bahoozle

bahoozle Member

Now I see...

I wouldn't let them keep my money and now they resent me! I played with those stinkin' CSM's:whip: they have long enough to recoup my loss and then went to Fitgerald's to make some decent cash.:rolleyes:

6. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

That must be it

Thanks Rick for finding out why they invited me. Seems like I remember losing last time I was there!

:(

Does that mean they expect me to lose again and bill me if I don't?

7. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Maybe this time...lol

Pat, remember you can't keep a good man (or player) down, so maybe this will be your trip to re-coup plus. ;)

8. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Going to use UTVolFan strategy

I am going to register Deb at the last minute and let her win, just like he put his
    Applejax in and stacked the tables.

:p

Speaking of which, Roll Tide this weekend!

9. UTVolfan

UTVolfan New Member

Pat, you've hit a nerve now. I can tolerate all the bleeding hearts, but if there's anything I can't stand, it's someone who cheers against the Vols.

Just kidding, actually. I used to live in Birmingham, so I somewhat sympathize with Tide fans. Nevertheless, I'm confident the Vols are gonna roll this weekend.

As for Gold strike, strangely enough, I got an invitation, but Applejax didn't. Go figure. You'd think they would want a chance to get the money back. In any case, I'm still trying to get an invitation for her. We'll see what happens.

10. Maybe I will go check my po box and hope there is something from the GS in it. BTW- I was in Bryant-Denny last Saturday and had a great time except for the last few seconds of OT. After the game, I still had a great time :joker: over at the Houndstooth.

11. UTVolfan

UTVolfan New Member

Who else is going?

I'm still planning on being at Gold Strike this weekend. Anybody else going? (of those of us not fortunate enough to be in St. Kitts.) Maybe we could plan to meet somewhere...