Golden Acorn in May

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by RKuczek, Apr 25, 2008.

1. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Barney updated the calendar - but I think it should be posted as well -

GA has shifted its tournaments back to Saturdays - guess they weren't drawing at all on Tuesday nights - I went to one of the Tuesday ones - they didn't even have 40 players - drew five to the final table -

so they are evidently going to do two $2,500 tournaments each month - with May's on the 3rd and 31st - so now...first and last Saturdays????? - well - we'll see -

they have been lowering the prize pool, raising buy-ins, and shifting dates around - and - apparently - still haven't figured out that being stuck in the middle of nowhere ... they have no local market - and have to pull gamblers out of San Diego and that means pull them past Viejas and Seycuan - doubtful a $2,500 tourney with a $25 buy-in will do that - it seems pretty borderline for me - as I have a two hour drive each way from Yuma - but - as this is the second closest tourney to me - and on a weekend - which I need as I work full-time - so - I will probably still make some of them - just out of desperation to play a live tourney -

but - they are trying to make bj tourneys work - so credit to them for that - and I hope they find a formula they can live with that gives the players somerhing worth making the trip for -

2. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

For me the change back to Saturday with a 12pm registration and 2pm game makes it tempting. Which shows how desperate I am with a 3hr drive with no traffic. I always have a good time down there...

I called into Viejas today and the 5K game tomorrow has no rebuys but should be 2/6 advance. Because Ive played in only one game of 2/6 since last TBJPA its tempting, but no rebuys cant drive 3 hrs. :(

Im going to try to make the Valley View game on Monday 28th. They told me its 1/6 advance but not sure..............

3. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Viejas?

Thing with the Viejas tourney is: How Many Players? - they were getting well over 200 for their $50K tourneys - and I understand they drew well for thier small tourneys in the past - but if they are going to attract enough players to make the tourney negative ev - I have to think about driving for 2 1/2 hours for it - I can play here in Yuma for $5K for $30/$20 with lots of rebuys - why spend $50 on gas to pay $50 for a $5K - other than its there -

Viejas tourneys are really promo rewards for their regular bj players - with the suited bj entries - I really don't think they are trying to attract tourney players as such - especially with no rebuy