GOlden Acorn Tournament in August

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by RKuczek, Jul 31, 2007.

1. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Golden Acorn has posted on their website they are having a BJ Tournament on Saturday, 25 August. Registration starts at 11:00 AM, Tournament at Noon. $25 Buy-in plus $5.00 entry fee. Prize pool is $5,000 guaranteed. I'll be there.

2. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Tga

Team Golden Acorn back in action? I thought it would never happen! :D

3. duro

duro New Member

GOlden Acorn Tournament in August & Pechanga TGIF

thanks for the post R!
    i should be there
    Pechanga TGIF 5k tonite, anyone going ? ill be there

4. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Duro

Good luck at Pechanga tonight. I cant make it too much traffic and too late already! BTW its a 10K guarantee and 4k to first!

Concerning the Golden Acorn. I got a mailer with tourney info today so it seems they want to promote the event better than last year. Last cycle they
    ran a points accumulation tally that gave the keys to an invite after several monthly games. The invite was for a 25k tourney. Nice addition to a tourney chain of "mini" events.

5. yeahyeahyeah

yeahyeahyeah New Member

Golden Acorn Tourney 8/25

Barney,

Are you still going out to the Golden Acorn this weekend? I'm coming out of hibernation (finally) and playing this Saturday...

Anyone else heading out?

YeahYeahYeah

6. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Hope so

Im sick as a dawg today with a massive Laughlin head cold, I hope to get my work done tomorrow to travel down early Sat morn. You need to leave somewhat early even from LA because of heavy traffic on 5...

RK and Duro maybe napodot shuld be there .....

7. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Golden Acorn Tourneys to continue

at the tourney today - the GA staff said they believed they would be holding tourneys every month - had 70 players today - with a lot doing two, or at least one, rebuy so they probably did not need to put in too much subsidy - but was still positive equity - maybe as much as 125% - and you still get a $5 restaurant coupon with the buy-in -

a couple of changes from previous tourneys - only six players at each table - then two advance from the first round - from that point on - they made up the format - with one advance from the 2nd round - then a third round with three advance - two players were wildcarded into the third round - and one to the final table

I would expect this type of format to continue - though theyt might plan a little better on how many rounds and how many advance each round - I think they were planning on only about 50 players - so had to add on the extra three advance round -

worth making if you live within driving distance

8. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

wonder why such a big improvement at GA? San Diego area is becoming the top Ca tourney site.... GA did send out letters inviting players to the month of August events, I bet that was a good move! Glad to see they didnt take it in the ¢∞§¶!!