Golden Nugget

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Barney Stone, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Im wondering if this event fills up, on average, or does it offer a chance to walk up register? Unfortunate for me I am on 24hr call during winter to do frost protection for avocados and citrus trees. I can only get away providing temps are to be above 35 degree F in my area which means I need to see weather reports the Friday of registration to decide. TIA

B

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Invite or Open

Although the CALENDER implies that their Jan., 2007 event is "open", I was under the impression that all of the Golden Nugget (LV) BJ tournaments were by invitation. Anyone know the answer to this?

3. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Toolman

This tournament is a combination of "comped" and "semi-open" for $100 entry, I heard indirectly that the paid entrants must have some rating with GN. I doubt the $100 entry will include a room as the comped invitees will but not 100% sure.

My host told me the $100 entry was added because of concern comped invitees would not fill the tournament due to the date.

My advice would be to call their toll free, not tool free number (1-800-777-4658) and speak to a host.

4. Jackaroo

Jackaroo New Member

GN Invite

Here's an email I got today and my play rating at GN is ZERO. A few years back I did sign up for a "Private Arrangement" membership
    but did not complete the requirements. (This was before the sale to the 2 dot com guys.)

So, I would say it is definitely open for a $100 entry. Note it says advance reservation is required.

--jr

Attached Files:

5. AZdrew

AZdrew New Member

NOT an open tourney

I was denied entry to this event due to not being a rated player. I spoke to one of the bosses over the phone...he says to me 'whats it gonna take for you to get some play in here?' I told him I'd be glad to,as soon as they give me what I want,not what they want to give me...which in this case is nothing. Thanks for nothing,GN/Landry's!!!