Grand Tunica VIP tournament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by TXtourplayer, Aug 8, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I just received an invitation for the Grand VIP $125,000 Blackjack tournament on August 24th - 26th.

Here is the info I received:

Thursday, August 24th: Early Bird Registration from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. In the Tournament Area in Front of LB's. Participants will receive round assignments and a tournament gift. Participants that register this evening will be entered into a drawing for a free re-buy. Five free re-buys will be drawn Thursday night (30 minutes after registration ends) Winners will be posted at the Registration on Friday and in the Tournament Area on Saturday. If the player does not use the re-buy, they will be issued $200.

Friday, August 25: Regular Registration from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. in the Front of LB's. Participants will received round assignments and tournament gift. Tournament Play will begin at 6 pm on Friday. Four sessions of Round 1 will be played at 6 pm, 7 pm, 8 pm and 9 pm. Players who did not advance will have the opportunity to re buy for $200.

Saturday, August 26: Re buy Round begins at 9 am by LB's. Awards announced after final round.

I guess just call up and ask if you can get in? I already e-mailed them back to comfirm my seat. Hope to see y'all there!

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Jan and I are in. We'll see you there.

3. instagator

instagator New Member

Tunica BJT

Thanks for the heads up. See you there.

4. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Billboards around town are advertising it as an open event.

5. UTVolfan

UTVolfan New Member

Grand

I was told today that it is an open event. Anyone willing to pay the $400 entry fee can enter.

6. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Grand needs to get their **** together

I called on Friday (8/11/06) and was told that if I didn't get an invite in the mail, then I couldn't play. After some exhaustive talking, they transferred me to "direct mail". No one answered there but did get an answering machine. Left a message but never got a call back. This place has some serious coordination problems. Anyway, to those who are playing, I wish you all the best of luck.

As a side note, I registered for the Majestic Star (Gary, IN) tournament during the same weekend as the Grand. Prize pool is $100,000 guaranteed. I think I'm better off at the Majestic Star anyway because of the competition level and LESS TRAVELING for me.:D

7. noman

noman Top Member

Majestic Star:

TOOLMAN1:

Less travel time is a certainty.

Maybe this time, I'll get to say HI!

It would be a pleasure to play against you.

But not as great a pleasure as beating you. (lol)

Good Fortune.

8. instagator

instagator New Member

Need a ride to Tunica

At the last minute I managed to get into the BJT at the Grand. Airfares into Memphis are astronomical. Round trip from Orlando to Detroit is $112 but RT to Memphis $461. Airfare to Jackson, MS is much more reasonable. Is anyone going through Jackson, MS. on Thurs. and returning Sunday? If so I'll be wearing my BJT hat with my thumb out.
    Thanks,
    IG

9. noman

noman Top Member

Ride to Tunica:

Come on Instgator:

Just hop in your Ferrari. You'll be there in six hours.

10. instagator

instagator New Member

Ferrari

The cars been in the shop ever since I gave Rick a ride. How long can it take to get new springs and shocks from Italy?