Group Hug Thread

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Reachy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I've started this thread as a refuge. If you just want to chill out, come here and sit a while. You'll notice on the hacienda some wind chimes, Mike over there is playing the sitar, pull up a bean bag. If you want we can talk, we can hold hands or hug. Heck we can even cry if that's what feels right! Just let it all out. If you're feeling like really getting free, take your clothes off. I know I have. In fact most of the time I'm on here or playing online I am as God (whoever she is) intended: tackle out!

So come join me in the friendly thread. No raised voices or harsh words, just supportive loving caring chat!

I love you!:gaga:

Reachy

2. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Im with you reach!

No F bombs allowed, only Love and BJT
    :gaga: :angel: :gaga: :cheers:

3. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Blackjack Tournaments.com Site Dynamics

It’s a nice idea Reachy but it can never work because the site will always take on it’s own identity.

Any collection of people interacting must have a shared objective, be socially attracted to each other or have an identity that distinguishes them from other groups (i.e. Blackjack).

If you look at the Ken Smith site and see us as one of the above groups we would normally go through the following four stages of development.

Forming- the group gets together and a level of formality is common.

Storming- heightened tension associated with competition for status and influence.

Norming- rules and standards of behaviour are agreed.

Performing- group matures to a point where it is able to to work together as a team

(Shaw M E 1976 Group Dynamics).

So given the above bullshit.

Why the fuck are we all arguing with each other?

Andy :)

4. elyssez

elyssez Member

Apparently we're enjoying Storming toooooooo much, and don't want to move on to Norming. But hey, I'm from SoCal. so I'm can go with the whole peace, love and happiness vibe!

5. tgun

tgun Member

I agree with Reachy and Andy

We can stick together and try to get something done about this mess. Or turn on each others' political beliefs. What next? we move on to abortion or second amendment rights or something else? None of us like this law, lets see what we can do to fix it or get around it. "United we stand, divided we fall."

tgun

6. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Storming is my Girl

Hey leave Storming out of this. Oops, I guess Stormy is my girl. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

7. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Let't get back to basics

Correction: We are not all arguing with each other. Only a few choose to carry on their personnel disputes beyond a reasonable level for a public forum. The vast majority of us are peace loving members who are here to talk about and learn about BJ tournaments. However, as of late, we are being forced to endure arguments, insinuations, and darn right name calling in just about every thread that is started.

Gentlemen, (I don't thing any ladies are involved, they know better) let's stop all the crap and get back to the reason for this site. If it's crap you want then post it in the "FREE FOR ALL" (or ask Ken to create a new category - "PERSONNEL DISPUTES" and leave the rest of the forum to those that want to inform and be informed. Those few - and you know who you are - and wasting my time and I don't like to waste time

8. elyssez

elyssez Member

So are we singing Cumbaya before or after the Bet21 match? And who's bringing the smores?

9. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

It Works

tgun has reached the Performing stage.

Any betting for the stages reached regarding Joep, Rando, Pokernut, Hollywood, Bjfan ,Txtourplayer, Barney Stone etc etc.

Andy :laugh:

10. elyssez

elyssez Member

Tough Call. Come on people, lets go watch a rumble!!!

11. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

I have put toolman1 in the Storming group.

Any bets?

Andy ;)

12. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Definition please

OK, I give up. What exactly is "the Storming group".

13. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Loosen Up

:)
    toolman1,

You are one of my favourites on here so I don’t think that you should be too bothered about my previous posts.

I will give you a hug on any day of the week.

Andy :D

14. Joep

Joep Active Member

Andy did I even make this list ? :D

Joep

15. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Sorry Joep

:sad:
    Joep,

Imagine the photograph.

You are in the middle with Rando and Pokernut on each side of you ready to go into a group hug.

Txtourplayer is taking the picture.

Somehow I can’t see it…lol

Andy.

16. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Chill

Hey Man, I'm not trying to change the world, just wanted to offer a place for free love and expression! As the toolman dude says "only a few of us are getting heavy and giving bad vibes. Make love not war. Peace baby" (I paraphrase of course :D )

I'm off to do some Tai Chi (nude of course) on the hacienda then I shall plump up all the bean bags, clean out the hubba-bubba, retune my sitar, and get the love and peace flowing through my chakras again.

Peace out!

Reachy man

Ps. Are you doing some sort of course? Sounds like management training so me.

17. Joep

Joep Active Member

Chilling

Andy that is one scary thought standing between someone from the backwoods of Tunica and the other one being a man dressed up as a women.

And then add Tex taking the picture I have chills going down my spine

Joep

18. elyssez

elyssez Member

Miracles can happen! Especially here in Reachy's happy place.

19. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Never a manager

Hey Reachy,

It was only a joke, but now that you have taken a pop at me I will degrade you back to stage 2.

Storming- heightened tension associated with competition for status and influence.

Cheers.

Andy :joker:

20. pokernut

pokernut New Member

I'm not from here just moved here for the gambling and I still get to gamble here unlike some that were not smart enough not to bite the hand that feeds them. Come on down to the next Blackjack, WSOP circuit events, or the WPT poker tourneys here, you might be able to borrow a dress and a wig and enter a tourney since your not as well known to the PC's at the Harrah's, MGM, and Boyd propertys here in Tunica as you are in Vegas. I am from the South though and would love to show a Yankee some good old southern hospitality as we still remember the War of Northern Aggression.