GSN - MIT Team Show

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by toolman1, Jan 16, 2006.

1. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

GSN has a series called "Anything to win". Tomorrow's program (1-17-06 at 9:00 pm eastern) is supposed to be about the MIT Team. I think it's a rerun, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

King of Vegas

The "King of Vegas" show starts tomorrow night on Spike TV.

It maybe a night of watching gambling and tournaments tomorrow...LOL

3. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

World Series of Blackjack 2005 also on GSN

Check your local listings, Saturday evenings

Rick-maybe the outcome will be different this season :cool:

4. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Not a re-run

actually, i just shot a cameo for this gsn show not too long ago -- its definately a new production (although at this point, the story itself isn't as new). it was a fun shoot, so hopefully it'll be a fun show to watch!

and speaking of King of Vegas -- all i can say is, WATCH OUT! Hollywood Dave is gonna getcha!! ;) if you thought i was out of control on the World Series, you ain't seen nothin' yet...

-hd.

5. Phil Dunaway

Phil Dunaway Member

Hollywood, looking forward to seeing you in action again always a pleasure & definitely entertaining. LUXOR aka Phil Dunaway

6. Enjoyed the show last night. One thing though. There was a guy who owns a facial recognition software company on there who they gave an opportunity to plug his product by identifying one of the guys from the MIT team as he played at Fitzgeralds. The MIT guy was in on the deal also and showed up to play with glasses and a cowboy hat. It seemed like they gave the company guy quite a headstart by telling the guy which player to identify, knowing that he was in the database and the company guy was aware of that fact. Who knows if the system actually worked or if the trial was flawed because of all the extra information the software guy had? He did make the comment that he had 10,000 profiles in the company database. To me, that doesn't seem like a very comprehensive number if you consider how many players there are out there counting.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  7. EagleA10

EagleA10 New Member

Just saw the show tonight (1-21-06). Old story for most of us, but a good retelling I thought.
    Found it disappointing that they featured Griffin so heavily; didn't she declare bankruptcy recently?
    Great cameo, Hollywood; sort of "against type" wasn't it? ;)

8. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Yeah, it was certainly a departure from the 'norm' -- hey, i can't be wacked out of my brain ALL the time! ;)

-hd.

9. Andrew Sanders

Andrew Sanders New Member