Harrahs BlackJack Showdown in October.

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Capt.BlackJack, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Just curious if anyone is going to play in the BlackJack Showdown at Harrah's October 7th and 8th. I have not decided yet but leaning towards going. Be nice to meet some off the board if anyone else will be there. If you are going, do you know the format for Round One? Any info appreciated.

Take Care
    Capt. Kirk

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

First round format

The usual format for BJ tournaments at the Flamingo is, I believe, the same for Harrah's tournaments - 2 advance per table in the first round. No re-buys (tournament is free) but wild cards for all but the first round. Be aware that Harrah's historically will reduce the prize money if attendance is less than what they say is needed for full payout per their invite. Good Luck!

PS: If you go, let us know if their attendance meets their expectations. This is important to me in deciding to attend future tournaments.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  3. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Harrahs OCT Tournament

Please see the Events Calendar for past Harrahs Tournaments such as:

https://www.blackjacktournaments.com/oldtourn/viewtourn.php?infoID=494

as there is a good bit of information. Harrahs has not changed their format in the many years that I have participated in them. And Toolman, your statement is only half the story (and may only be valid for the Flamingo). In those many years of tournaments at Harrahs, I have never been at one that the prize pool was not proportionately increased with more players participating than what the prize schedule was based on. In fact, I have never been at a Harrahs LAS tournament where the prize schedule was decreased, only increased or maintained on the invitation. It is my experience that the Flamingo decreases their prize schedule (both before and after their acquisition by HET) because they historically have had more tournaments that had less participants than their prize schedule was based on.

Harrahs shoe rules apply. Face up shoe - usually more than 1 advances from each table, but that is based on the numbers that they are dealing with in each tournament. 10 seconds for a betting decision, in the range of 25-30 hands per round. $1000 in tournament chips with a betting range of 10-500 as I recall.

Chips - I will be there

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  4. maxwell

maxwell Member

Harrahs Oct6-8

Maxwell Will Be There -hope To Be A Good Tournyment-maybe We Need A Roll Call For Who Is Going To Be There-see You There Chips:d
    I UNDERSTAND THAT THE TOURNYMENT IS OCT6TH-8TH

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  5. Good Luck

I called on Tuesday and they told me the Tournament is full, so I could not get in. Good Luck and hope one of you win! Let me know how it goes.

Take Care
    Capt. Kirk