Harrah's Millionaire Maker - anyone else going?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Blackjack Rebel Too, Jul 30, 2007.

1. We will be playing the Millionaire Maker a week from today. I thought it might be good to do a roll call in case anyone wanted to get together out there.

2. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Not this year

BJRT,

Unfortunately, I didn't make it this year, but it was a pleasure meeting you at last year's finals. Looks like you will be "carrying the torch" for all of us this year. Good cards to ya!

Chips

3. Wow Chips. I just sent you an e-mail about 3 minutes ago after I got your updated schedule. Sorry you won't be there this time but it looks like you have a pile of other events to attend. Good Luck in all of them.

4. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Now that the Caesars Millionaire Maker is history, does anyone have any news? Like winners, how the tournament was run, anything else.

5. m3750

m3750 Member

Harrah's Millionaire Maker tourney

I went and I thought it was great! I thought it was very well run. First class the whole way. The Caesars staff was outstanding. First class accommodations in one of the newly remodeled towers. Goody bag at event registration. Then later another goody bag was delivered to room. Also $150 food credit.

Okay for tourney.
    Don't know what the final total was, but approx. 283 registered players were invited or qualified. Not everbody showed up. I think about 260.

I didn't make it out of the qualifing round or get one of the 30 wild cards. The top 32 winners got money of some type. The winner's name was Larry L. He has 60 days to make up his mine on lump sum or $50 K a year for 20 yrs.

Next year's tournament will be held in Tunica, MS they said.

M

6. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Darn!

We had a great time....well run as was last year.

Made it to Quarter-finals only to have 2 winning hands....but, $500 did help defray my losing streak on video poker.

Hopefully, will see many of you again at Horseshoe in Tunica next August!

le

7. The tournament was a lot of fun again this year. For me it had some bad (getting knocked into 3rd place & not advancing when the 4th place player was able to split a pair out 3 times with max {5K} bets out-he beat me by 1,750 for second place} and some good (I won a Movado watch in a door prize drawing held just before my round and I won a Millionaire Maker embossed wooden wine set at the banquet. At least I didn't come back empty handed this year.:laugh:

The tournament was well run and the all the Harrah's personnel were very supportive of all the players. The welcome reception & the banquet were a lot of fun. At least I used up all my $150 food/beverage allotment this year. It isn't all that hard to do when the "bucket of beer at the pool comes to $56.00 :eek: ) I was really pulling for Lee to go all the way. A couple of others from here did OK also but they can tell their own stories.

8. Same Type of Comments as Last Year

I played in both last year's event, and this year's event. My comments last year were a minority viewpoint that the dealers were not well prepped for the tournament, and that rules were not carefully spelled out and enforced.

In my first round table this year, the dealer made three major mistakes over the course of 18 hands. Once, he forgot to deal himself a first card, leading to a misdeal. Really no harm there. Twice, he prematurely turned over his hole card after the usual third base position had played his hand, thereby allowing the first base player to play his hand with full knowledge of the dealer's hole card. This didn't happen to change the outcome of the round, but it easily could have. Maybe I just happened to have a bad dealer at my table, but I find this level of incompetence unacceptable at a major tournament.

Other aspects of the event were fine. The venue is outstanding for this type of event. The rounds did start promptly. I thought the banquet and reception were on the weak side, but having some light food types of snacks available in the tournament room most of the time was a nice touch.