harrah's new orleans $250,000 tournament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by sweet william, Feb 11, 2008.

1. sweet william

sweet william Member

called today(2-11)vip services say invite only. anybody have other info?
    sometimes will get different info,depend on who you talk to.

2. maxwell

maxwell Member

new orleans

Try Calling Vip Services And Talk To Kayla She Said She Could Get Me In But Would Have To Put Entry On Credit Card-worth A Try To Much To Risk For Me At This Time Hopefully Next Time:d :d

3. Poppa Goose

Poppa Goose New Member

Typical marketing...

Harrah's is advertising the tourny in a local magazine here in the "big easy" (Gambit magazine)...it's listed as a open entry (1,000.00 entry) w/ rooms available on "comp status"...this event has provided quite a nice "overlay" in the past. With this marketing group you can understand why this has been "under-attended". The 500.00 "add-on" is unique and provides an interesting twist...as I recall, the starting bankroll is 5000.00 (also the max bet)...@ the count you can purchase 2000.00 in bankroll for $500.00. This is only available in the preliminary round. Ken may remember the #'s a little better. Good Luck.

4. hitmeonemoretime

hitmeonemoretime New Member

not invite only---

I can get most people in if they have a history with Harrahs

This is based on the theo in the the Harrahs system
    $1,500+ ADW Full Comp plus 2 free nights (Harrah's)
    $1,000-1,499 ADW $250 buy-in & 2 free nights (Harrah's)
    $750-999 ADW $500 buy-in & 2 free nights
    $500-749 $500 buy-in & 2 free nights (partner hotels)
    $400-499 $1,000 buy-in & 2 free nights (partner hotels)

One add-on period will occur on the 15th hand of the round.
    Guests will receive $2,500 in tournament chips for a $500 re-buy.
    This is the ONLY time players will be able to addon. Guests that
    have busted out are still eligible for an add-on at the table at which
    they were playing.

5. doug olson

doug olson New Member

harrah's new orleans $ 250,000 tournament feb 22-23

I recieved a invite but cant go any way first place is $100,000 and a trip to jack daniels distillery 2nd place $40,000 3rd $30,000 4th $20,000 5th $15,000 6th $10,000 7th $6,000 8th-- 36th place is $ 1,000, each not shure on buy in, I got a $ 500 buy in and yes at the 15th hand you can pay 500.00 and recieve $2,500 in chips players that bust out are also eligible for the add- on of $500.00 for 2,500 chips

registration the 22nd friday saturday prelimary rounds are noon, 1 pm & 2 pm semi final immediately following. final round immediately following semi final round Awards ceremony immediately following final round

6. For whatever it's worth, I have been down to Harrah's New Orleans two of the last three weekends. They have multiple signs advertising this tournament. So it seems like they want to drum up some business.

7. I got my latest issue of Cardplayer magazine yesterday. There was a full page ad for this tournament in it. That makes me think that they may be having trouble filling it.

8. packin

packin New Member

I tried signing up for this the day before the event, and after a lot of fumbling by the "VIP" staff, I was told I could. I just couldnt make reasonable flight an hotel reservations, as they claimed to be "full" on fri and sat, despite my diamond status,..tarnished as it is.

anyone know how many actually played and results? spill.

9. david matthews

david matthews New Member

Any results from the tourney?

10. packin

packin New Member

that's what Im tryin to find out in this ghost town.

11. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I was there as were quite a few other BJT members. However, to my knowledge none of us made the final table. I heard there were 240 players which is quite possible. The preliminary rounds were 1 of 7 advancing.

12. packin

packin New Member

thanks for the heads up.