Hey, where was everyone?

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by DanMayo, Sep 12, 2008.

1. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

I had to take this one down by myself! :D

Note the cool shirt!

Attached Files:

2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

No JD Cap!

Hey Old Pal,

Is that the million in cash that used to be in a glass case at rear of Binion's Horseshoe?
    I can't see what it says on shirt. Did you trade JD cap in?

Billy C

P.S. Hope to see you next month in MI

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

The original Binion's Million display was made up of $10,000 notes, which were once used for bank-to-bank transfers only I think. After the display was taken down, those bills were sold off at a nice premium to face value to collectors. The new display is good ol' 100s, 50s and 20s I hear.

4. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Nice photo, Dan! Billy's right, what does that shirt say??????

The new Binion's Million display does not contain the old collection of $10,000 notes. I read someplace this week that each of those bills has an average collector value of $160,000, which means it would cost about $16 million to rebuild it as before. The new one contains many denominations, including quite a few $1 bills.

5. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

I'm sure....

.....Ken recognized the shirt:

Shirt Link

Yes Judy and I will be at St. Ignace next month!

Billy - Yeah, I forgot the JD cap back at the room. I thought I was doing pretty good to bring the cards!

The photo was from Binion's. They had a good deal going on where you paid $20, got $25 in chips and a free 5 x 7 photo. The quality of games has really improved since 4 Queens bought them out. They had at least 10 "real" single deck games going on while we were there.

LN - That was also what I heard, it would have cost them $16 million to fill the display with $10,000 bills.

Dan