hit,stand, double

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by FMike756, Dec 20, 2007.

1. FMike756

FMike756 New Member

Next to last hand, two advance, with bankrolls of 600,475 and 400. Br1 bets first-100,Br3 (ME) Bets 2nd and matches Br1, Br2 bets 25.
    Br1-18
    Br3-11
    BR2-20
    Dealer-8
    Should Br3 hit, double, or double for less.
    My thinking is that I double and beat br2 with a win and possibly become Br1 if he loses and I WIN. The opposite side of this is that if I lose I have little chance of advancing with first bet and a 200 bankroll on the last hand.
    Should I go for the win or keep enough chips for a possible win on last hand?
    My 100 bet is also questionable.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I like the double here. 11v8 doubles win about 55% of the time, and 7% of the time you'll swing the leader and take the lead. You'll end up tied for the lead if you make 19+ and the dealer makes 18. That happens about 16% of the time.

If you go into the last hand with the substantial deficit, you'll probably get a worse situation to work with than 11v8. In last place, I think you need to take every shot you get to improve your position.

3. FMike756

FMike756 New Member

Thanks Ken,
    I doubled the hand but lost. Dealer had 18. I had no chance on last hand as my opponents had 600 and 500 and I was left with 200.
    I agree with you on doubling the hand but was wondering if hitting to 18 would significantly improve my chances on the last hand. Even busting the hand would have left me enough to win in a win lose situation with one or both opponents.