Ho Chunk Cancels Weekly - For Now

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Monkeysystem, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

The last Tuesday night weekly at Ho Chunk just got played last night. They posted an announcement stating their intention to eventually bring them back, but gave no specific date.

The reason for this is that they're bringing back Las Vegas style table games after a two-year hiatus and they need the tournament dealers to train for and support this. Once this training is completed they'll bring back the Tuesday night weeklies, which usually attract over fifty players. The tournament folks guess it will take a couple months.

They also ran a voluntary survey of players asking for feedback about how they can improve their tournaments, and how we players feel about the service in their tournaments.

They're still running their monthly Saturday afternoon tournaments. The next one is an invitational on September 30. The next open one is October 28. I posted the information about the October one in the Event Calendar and I'll do the same for the invitational once I get mine in the mail.

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Almost dead

I think the Ho-Chunk BJ tournaments are almost dead. I see nothing but decreasing attendance and they now hold the tournaments in a "tent" if I'm not mistaken. Monkeysystem, you don't really buy that story about why the weeklies are canceled, do you? With poor attendance and players not giving much side action, looks like bye bye tournaments to me.

3. Monkeysystem

The Tent

The Tent is actually one of the best tournament venues I've seen. It's in the off track betting area. It's away from slot machine noise and has lots of tables where you can sit and be comfortable. It also has a bar.

You're right about the decreasing attendance. The last Saturday tournament I attended in July had such low attendance that they changed the format, making the semifinal 2/7 instead of the usual 1/6.

The attendance in the weeklies hadn't changed, though. Last night's weekly had the usual number.

We'll just have to wait and see if they bring back weeklies.

4. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Hope, hope, and more hope

Hope springs eternal. Besides, you are moving away from the area anyway. That makes one less player. By the way, when you move away, who's going to keep us players informed on the Ho-Chunk shenanigans then?

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

I stand corrected

Looks like my negative assessment of the Ho-Chunk tournaments was way off base. Went to their free invitational today and they had a good crowd although not full. They said they are working on re-installing the weeklies and expect more Saturday (monthly) tournaments in the near future. Let's hope the attendance holds up.

6. Monkeysystem

Weeklies

That's absolutely outstanding! :D