Horseshoe-Tunica 8/31/07

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by toolman1, Aug 3, 2007.

1. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

I saw on the Calender that the BJ Tournament scheduled for 8/31/07 at the Horseshoe-Tunica has a change from their past schedule of events. In the past, the entire tournament was played in one day. This time they are breaking it up into 2 days of play. On Sunday 9/2/07, the Semis and Final will be played.

Does anyone know the time of day the Final is scheduled to be played?

2. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

Horseshoe Tunica Tournament

I have just updated the calendar for this event. I originally posted what I was told, now it is what is. The tournament will be Sunday and Monday instead of Saturday and Sunday. Early bird registration still on Friday to receive the $100. Monday play for the semi-finals is 9:00 am. Guess they want people the whole holiday weekend.:rolleyes:

3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Thanks for the update, deltaduke.

4. stock_master_man

stock_master_man New Member

Newbie to tournaments

IS this their first tournament like this? How many people usually sign up for a tournament in Tunica?
    Thanks in advance

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

stock_master_man,

This is their 3rd semi-open tournament with this general format. The previous tournaments were in April and July. They have had other tournaments over the years but they were always by invite only.

Most of the players are comped into the event and they have been full with 250 players in the past. They keep making small changes to the scheduling of events. I assume they are trying to find the best combination.

It may be kind of late to try to register for this event. If you do try, see if you can find out how many are registered and let us know the outcome.

Good Luck if you play.