How do you play this?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Schultzy, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Two-deck pitch tourney, Last hand of first round, one advance to the semi's. $5-$200 betting limits.
    BR 1($1050), I am BR 2 ($950). I am on the button and bet $200, leader matches my max bet. I am dealt ten-ten, against the dealer ten. Keep in mind this is pitch and I have no idea what my opponent has. Now what?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Stand!

Splitting the tens is tempting but there's a good chance you'll end up making at least one bad hand, if not two!
    However, if you're in a good plus count situation that might change your thinking on this one.

Billy C

3. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

And This

The other thing that gets involved is that if you do split the tens, he knows exactly what you have and what he needs to do.

Billy C

4. sweet william

sweet william Member

stand

i think standing best option w/20 (good hand) & dealer 10 up,if br1 has lesser hand you may get push & br1 lose, what did you do? and what was outcome?

5. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Stand

If you split your probability of winning both hands is only about 30%. And as Billy C says your opponent will know what he needs to do to beat you and will be more likely to double to correlate you. This is especially true where Schultzy plays, where they almost all double on the last hand even if they don't need to.

6. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Stayed

I stayed with my 20. I was hoping for a push/loss. My opponent hit his hard 12 and pulled a 9! Dealer had a 3 in the hole and busted, but it didn't matter at that point. :flame:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  7. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

First thing I noticed was something I'd consider an error by BR1. 195 is a better bet for him (IMHO), it allows his surrender to beat your push and the five unbet chips are otherwise immaterial.

8. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

That was my mistake, SURRENDER is not an option. In fact, none of the tourney's in Minnesota or Wisconsin offer surrender. The only one that I have played in that does is St. Ignace and only if the dealer is showing an ACE.

9. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

There I go again, not knowing the rules!!!!!! :laugh: