Hurricane Frances & Tahoewolf

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by tahoewolf, Sep 10, 2004.

1. tahoewolf

tahoewolf New Member

I sent the following message to a couple of my close friends. Ken suggested I might post it here:

No power for 8 days, phone sporadic, beach rearranged, many oak trees down, water not safe to drink.

We went to Jacksonville last Thursday, got evicted from Best Western for having dogs on Friday ( after their "800" number said it was OK ), found another motel that woudl take our dogs - filled with prositutes and drug dealers. Finally on Labor Day, we decided to come back home. Regardless of inconvenience, home is still better.

I'm borrowing the facilities of a local office to send out some emails. It may be a while until I can read any responses.

The good news is that we are all fine and the house suffered no damage.
    Pool is a beautiful blue/green. We nuked it with chlorine and jumped in.
    Felt great!

So right now our life is filled with searching for gas, ice, food and news about Ivan.

I am scheduled for Tunica at the end of this month and hopefully I'll make it.

Talk to you again.

tahoewolf

PS - We just got electricity back about an hour ago. My fingers are crossed that Ivan doesn't pay us a visit. For those who don't know, we're in Vero Beach, Florida ( Indian River County ). Thanks for the messages of concern!

2. Snapper

Snapper New Member

Relieved

Thanks tw, I'm sure there's a slew of our members that were worried about you & our other members in the southeast. I hope to hear a similar assurance after Ivan passes.
    Of course best regards to Mrs. TWolf