I cant stay on a game

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Barney Stone, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

First of all I cant figure out how to resize the playing field. I see only about 3/4 of the brown field that contains the betting buttons and about the same of the chat. The options pop up doesnt have a method to resize playing board. Also, it places a sign on my spot that says "absent" and then gives me a pop up that says my connection is experiencing a lengthy disruption. My guess is the Virtual PC is running well with the UB program. I emailed member services about this and also that my email verification wasnt emailed to me. Maybe compatibility problems between ub software and my mac. If they would have made it a flash program it would have included the secondary computer market by Apple. The programmer at blackjack21.com made a fully compatible program. Hoping my email gets thru and I get technical help soon.

B

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I don't expect that the playing field can be resized. Is the game window positioned as near the top of your screen as possible? If your screen resolution doesn't permit display of the whole window, that sounds like a serious incompatibility.

3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Resizing

I had a similar problem on a site I visited. I found (by accident) on that particular site that clicking on the "minimize" button (a "-" enclosed in a square at the upper right corner) then reselecting the program from the "title bar" at the bottom of the screen brought back the display to the right size. Not saying it will work for Barney's problem but it's worth a try.

4. Phil Dunaway

Phil Dunaway Member

Couldn't resize the screen

Hey Barney, I had the same problem.No matter what I tried to do,I couldn't get the screen to the proper size.I couldn't see any of the buttons,stand,hit,etc,nor could I see my money.I too e-mailed the good folks @ UBT.I sure hope this can be remedied.

5. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

While running Virtual PC, check the display settings and see what your resolution is. If you can increase it, do. If not...time for the Intel-based upgrade on that Mac to run native. :joker:

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

What are th other games like?

Try a game of poker, see whether you have the same issues. I have to move the game window slightly so that I can see the whole window but it all fits in alright.

Cheers

Reachy

7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Thanks for the

suggestions guys. I got an email from UB saying to do just what Ace suggested. I did try it already and didnt have any luck. But I will work on tweaking the resolution later.

Barney

8. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I re-sized screen resolution

I had the same issue, I just closed up the site right clicked my mouse and when the box came up I went to properties, once that box popped up I went to settings tab and changed the screen resolution (number of pixels used), I tried a couple before I found the one that worked best.

Hopefully this will help you too.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  9. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Elimination

I tried to play on the site last night but could not see the game buttons.

Had no joy with the screen resizing so was eliminated for none play.

Hope they sort this out soon.

Andy :sad:

10. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

I just got beaten into second place by someone who was having the same problem all the way through. He has since fixed it in the same way. (Looks like your screen needs to be at least 1024x768)

I was at first base, so I think all my bets were secret bets from his point of view, and I still couldn't win!

11. blackjackmusician

blackjackmusician New Member

Fix Screen size

Go to settings of monitor& screen resolutions settings & resize to 1024 x 768 it will fix the screen issue & you can then see proper buttons at the bottom

12. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I was able to

get my resolution set so I could maneuver the playing field around to see the betting field and chat, but then just as before a pop up telling me I had lost my connection. Got a lable of absent.

fwiw

B

13. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Thank you for the info

Just to let you know blackjackmusician I am now on.

Thanks

Andy

14. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

By looking at the

absent labels during UBT free games 2/7 are disconnected. I guess that would match the market share of apple. I have tried several times and can post chat, but my turn is met by disconnection. Global works fine except the elevator music is distorted. Using Virtual PC v7

fwiw

B

15. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Go Kenseth

Sorry to hear about your connection problems Barney. Thats a real bummer.

More importantly though. Go Matt, Go Kenseth, Go DeWalt, Go 17. That's who I have in my weekly Nascar pool this weekend at California Motor Speedway. Love your picture of Matt winning at Bristol last weekend. thrasht