I'm booked for Aruba

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Jul 14, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Well, I looked at a lot of package deals, but I ended up doing better booking airfare and hotel separately.
    New Orleans to Aruba round trip on American via aa.com: $570
    8 nights at the Holiday Inn SunSpree via their website: $840.
    Not too bad.

2. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Do we know any details on how UBT will be working over those 8 days?

I'm thinking about booking next week as well, but I guess I want to know a little more about the tournament format before I book for all 8 days.

I guess I'm curious about rebuys and side tourneys. In the case someone busts out on day one, is there any reason to stay all 8 days or not?

3. KenSmith

That's a good question, and one that I almost postponed booking to await an answer for. However, I figured that in my case it'll be worthwhile to be there for the duration regardless.

I'll see if I can get an answer for you. I know there are two blackjack events scheduled during those days, and I believe someone told me there will be two different days for round one, to work around the poker tournament for those who will be playing both. I actually shouldn't speculate, and should instead try to find the answer.

4. KenSmith

OK, here's what I got from UBT...

The main $2500 blackjack event will begin on Sept 26th, but the final tables won't play until Sept 29th. On Sept 30th, the Poker tournament will be playing the final table, and then on the night of the 30th will be the awards dinner or presentation.

So, if you want to just come in to play the big blackjack event, you'll need to arrive on the 25th and stay through the 30th or the 1st.

During the entire week, there will be one or two $500 entry blackjack events, plus satellites for the big one.

That should give you enough info to decide on your travel plans.

5. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Thanks for the info, Ken.

Sounds good enough to me. I'll book something most likely next week, so I'll see you (and everyone else here that's going) there.

6. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I looking at dates for the Aruba UBT.

On usairways.com I found a package from Tampa to Aruba (via NC :( ) with hotel for 750.00 per person.

The hotel is Mills Resorts and Suites. They have more packages priced higher now but booking must be done by August 12.

Just wanted to pass along some infor.

7. bahoozle

bahoozle Member

Aruba lodging...

Just came across this on CT&L, for those interested in some golf during their down time:

Valid From: 07/12/2006
    Valid Until: 12/18/2006
    Web site: http://www.tierradelsol.com
    The Extreme Rejuvenation package includes:

• accommodations for seven nights in either a two-bedroom condominium or two-bedroom villa
    • welcome basket upon arrival
    • one 50-minute hot stone massage per person
    • one 50-minute soothing body wrap per person
    • one European facial per person
    • daily green fees per person

Package starts at $933.25 per person for a two-bedroom condominium and $1,032.25 per person for a two-bedroom villa, both based on quad occupancy.

Valid through December 18, 2006. Call 011.297.586.7800 or visit online at www.tierradelsol.com.