Is anyone working out there?

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by toolman1, Sep 20, 2006.

1. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Lately I've noticed about 20 to 25 people logged onto this site at virtually all hours of the late morning and afternoon on all weekdays. I was wondering how so many people have so much free time.:rolleyes: Choose one of the following and let us all know, by posting, what's going on:

1) I really can't get enough of TOURNAMENT BLACKJACK.
    2) I am retired and bored beyond belief.
    3) I am sick in bed, what else is there to do?
    4) I am unemployed and Tournament BJ seems like an easy way to make a buck.
    5) I am getting away from my spouse (he/she thinks I'm working).
    6) I just want to see if there is a mosquito bit cure.
    7) I just wanted to check on the latest between Joep and TXtourplayer.
    8) I am screwing off at work.
    9) I am screwing off at work with my boss to get brownie points.
    10) I am screwing off at work with my boss and his boss to get double brownie points.

I'm guessing that #8 is the hands down winner. So let's hear it.:)

2. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

"Work"? What's that?

-hd.

3. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

I'm on here...

so one day, I don't have to work and just play and enjoy life!;)

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

software upgrade

Since Ken upgraded the board software a while back I'm kept logged in unless I log myself out. Before that I would be logged out automatically after a period of inactivity or if I shut down my browser.

And I screw off work.

Cheers

Reachy the work-shy fop

5. thrasht

thrasht New Member

I'll Take the Fifth

Hey Toolman, Up until a few days ago I would've answered #7 but it's not fun like it used to be. I'll let you keep guessing in my case, though TX will probably have something to say. LOL. thrasht

6. sabrejack

sabrejack New Member

I'd have to say the Reachy has it: I think I remain logged 24/7 unless I log out. But I am here a little too much to check out the latest I must admit...

At the risk of sounding like I don't have one, what about?
    #11. Blackjack is Life.

Since we're on such an important topic here, I've been meaning to add that I really dig Reachy's rockin' dog (or whatever that thing is...) as well.

7. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

That's Flat Eric one-time star of an advertising campaign. The fact that I had to resort to Google before I could remember that it was for Levi's says a lot for the power of advertising.

Was it just a British thing then?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  8. sabrejack

sabrejack New Member

Thanks LC, Cultural Maven-At-Large

Come to think of it, I do remember that from the ads. And if FE was in The Office (the orig. Brit version) I probably saw him/it there too--great show...

9. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

There are several good answers on that list that apply to me. However, the main reason I am on during the day and again late night is because I work part time in the evenings. I'm mainly just a stay at home mom that gets bored, so I work a few hours for excitement. How sad is that?

10. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Where is 'drunk off your ass after 6 hours at a strip club and somehow blackjack still is the first thing on your mind when you get home at 2 AM'?

Assign that a number, mix it with #7 and I think that fits me. :joker:

11. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

You're welcome Sabresport

After I found and posted the above link, I browsed it at my leisure. If you really want to waste some time at work, check out the Flash Videos of all the ads, plus the music video from 'Mr. Oizo' (which I presume came first). I'd forgotten all about that. Ah the memories ....