Is The Gold Strike Bj Tourney Worth Playing?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Tinker, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Tinker

Tinker New Member

I am planning to be in NO (@Rocko's new home) for the Harrah's WSOP Circuit Event May 18-28. My hostess at Gold Strike called to have me play in their BJ Tourney May 20-22. Would it be worth the drive back and forth to play it?????

I know they played a similar event back in Nov and I would appreciate some thoughts from the pros who played in it. Thanks

Petie

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

More on Gold Strike

I still haven't managed to play this event yet. It seems like I always have a schedule conflict. Although I'll just be returning from Vegas in May, I may consider it this time.

After the last event at Gold Strike, there were some posts about it here:
    Gold Strike Tournament

And, here's the info posted on the event calendar for May's version:
    https://www.blackjacktournaments.com/oldtourn/viewtourn.php?infoID=47

Everyone I've talked to says this is a good event, and so it is probably worth the drive up from New Orleans.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  3. Tinker

Tinker New Member

Well it looks like I'll play. SENTRY, COULD YOU POST THE SCORES FROM THE LAST ONE

Thanks Ken. I probably will sign up when I am at the Gold Strike next week.

Sentry, is there any chance you saved the scores from the last tournament; OR DID ANYBODY WRITE DOWN THE SCORES????? If so, please post them. I went thru some of the posts from before the last tournament, but I don't know if anybody posted after.

For anybody who gives a rat's ass and would like to meet for dinner, the following is my very impressive driving schedule for April and May in MS and LA:
    I will be at the Gold Strike on Tues nite April 12. Then after dropping my friend at the Memphis airport around noon, will probably drive to Vicksburg for Wed nite and then Biloxi Grand (or IP) for their Thurs nite tourney [whichever Rocko favors]. I have a wedding in Seaside FL on Fri and Sat and then will start heading back to Tunica for the Bally's Tourney the next weekend. SUGGESTIONS AS TO THE BEST PLACES TO PLAY POKER and/or BJ BETWEEN BILOXI AND TUNICA WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. A ROOM FOR THE NITE WOULD BE MORE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    After Bally's, I will probably move over to the Gold Strike for Sun-Tues, 4/24-4/26. On Wed morn, I will probably drive all the way to Rocko's and play BJ at Boomtown and Poker at Harrah's NO. Thurs-Sun are the last 4 days of the NO Jazz Festival. I will leave my car in NO and fly back to Vegas on May 2.

Then, after I win the Stardust BJ Tourney on May 15-17, I fly back to NO on the nite of the 17th, to play the first two days of the Harrah's WSOP Circuit event. Then on Ken Smith's suggestion, I will drive up to the Gold Strike and play the BJ Tourney and then drive back to NO, IF I WON A SEAT IN THE MAIN EVENT, which starts at Noon on May 25.

Email me at Vegaspetie@aol.com, if we can meet for a meal and some gaming talk along the way.

Petie