It's Fish or Cut Bait Time at the Sam's Tunica Blackjack Tournament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by PitchMan, Jul 23, 2014.

1. PitchMan

PitchMan Top Member

The Sam's Town Tunica Blackjack tournament has been around for several years but it's dangerously close of going away. Participation at the upcoming August 22nd & 23rd event is going to tell the tale. I was told by table games manager about a week ago that if the August tournament doesn't have better attendance than the last one, Boyd will the plug on it. This is a good tournament - One worth putting forth some effort to keep alive. It pays $12K for first, and with good participation it pays well down through 7th place. $12K is not a bad guarantee - In recent years participation has been good enough that it paid over $18K for first, with very good distribution to the remaining 6 lucky players. The table is set for us - All we have to do it show up and play it.

If you think you would be among the many who will regret not having the 4 to 6 events annually should they shut it down, please sign up soon, and encourage everyone you know to do so no later than August 11th through 14th. Sam's Tunica must call in the quantity of signups into Boyd by August 15th and if that number is too small, even the August event will be cancelled.

Remember - You get 2 nights rooms with the buy in, there are up to 6 re-buys available, several wild cards for multiple rounds, and what better place to meet up with so many of your friends and have a great time, possibly going home with considerable cash and bragging rights. I sure hope to see you there!

george and KenSmith like this.
  2. george

george Top Member

hope a lot of people read above post and act on it ,I have already called got in,going to tell terri she needs to call,get in early,I will call to check my status,last time I called early and they didn't have me in

PitchMan likes this.
  3. george

george Top Member

called today they have me down this time, terri can't go this time ,maybe in Nov if they have it , I go a day early so I can play Thursday night 3 card tournament

4. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

Only 11 people had signed up by today, s0 Boyd stepped in and cancelled this tournament at 5pm today. A shame to lose a good tournament. All we have left in Tunica are the Gold Strike which lately has nothing by garbage tournaments, and Resorts which is very top heavy. Tournaments in Tunica will soon be just a thing of the past.
    It doesn't make sense since their weekly always is well represented with an average of 100 participants, but the locals won't pay more than $20 for a entry fee.

5. PitchMan

PitchMan Top Member

It was a good ride while it lasted. Sorry it ran out of support. I'll sure miss it.

I hope Adolph doesn't become skeptical about having his planned October tournament at Resorts as a result of this lack of player interest at Sams. I'd like to encourage everyone who'd like to keep some decent tournaments in Tunica to tell your Resorts host, or better yet tell Adolph that you support it. Fitz is another one we've come to depend upon for 2-3 cash tournaments a year. Encouragement expressed to your host, dealers, pit personnel, etc. can't hurt.

I don't know about anyone else but I am going to make a be sure to offer my sincere thanks to John Mathis and Carol Gant for providing us with a good cash tournament and their desire to keep the Sam's tournament going.

I've really enjoyed playing this one with you all! Maybe one day something will change and we'll get it back.

Moses and KenSmith like this.
  6. george

george Top Member

called today cancelled my day early room THEY cancelled the other, hope Nov 7-8 are better dates for the next one

7. PitchMan

PitchMan Top Member

I hope the November event goes off as it was scheduled but as of about 4-5 weeks ago John told me that if the August event doesn't happen or even if it falls as short on participation as the past one (They had to make up $4K for the $12K minimum for 1st place payment), there won't be a November tournament and we'll probably lose the whole scheduled series. I try to always be an optimistic person and I'm keeping my fingers crossed and not real hopeful on this one. If this one falls through I hope to see everyone at others.