King Ken

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by rookie789, Apr 26, 2012.

1. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Congratulations to Ken Smith winning 5th place in a tough final table at the Mirage $300,000 Las Vegas Blackjack tournament April 20 - 22. Additional applauds are in order for winning his quarter and semi final tables with only one player advancing.

2. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

Yea, a final table. Congrats.

Larry

3. marichal

marichal Member

wtg ken. congrats!!!:D

4. leilahay

leilahay Member

Congratulations Ken. Those take one semis & quarters are always tough. We all know that you are good.

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Thanks guys.

It was frustrating to get to the final, only to fizzle at the end. I actually finished 6th, not 5th. I collected $5000, at a final table with $250,000 total prizes. :rolleyes:

Oh well, nice shot. I'm playing so few events lately that it's nice to have an opportunity like that. I think that was only either my second or third tournament this year.

I played last night at the Hard Rock Biloxi because I was there for other reasons. Of course I finished second place there, and collected $120 for my efforts! Too bad I can't swap those results and finish 6th in Biloxi and 2nd in Vegas for $75,000. :D

6. Drbass

Drbass Member

Let me add my congrats Ken. Well deserved!

7. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Awesome news, Ken! So glad to hear it. Heaven knows you deserve the accolades here.

One day I hope we meet at a BJT table. It would be my honor to go toe-to-toe with the Best of the Best. Maybe someday...... :D

8. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Congratulations! Well Deserved! It's always great to see those who put so much into the community reaping the rewards!

I did have the pleasure of playing at the same table as Ken at a UBT sit'n'go table at the Palms (April 2007) and, while I did outlast him, I would wouldn't claim that I beat him. His cards were terrible. :rolleyes:

9. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Congrats!

Yaaaay!!!!

10. PitchMan

PitchMan Moderator

Congratulations Ken! :)

11. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Likewise

My congrats to you, also! When I was at the Orleans last week, I was informed by several that I had just missed seeing you.
    Hope our paths cross again, soon.

Billy C

12. Congratulations Ken. I know that Mirage tourny had to be tough. Don't
    poo-poo the Hard Rock tourny. It can have its tough nights too. Hope to see you there in a month or so if you are in town.