Las Vegas Hilton Million Dollar Tournament

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Well I haven't heard that much about this event. Until today I've only knew they had played 2 or 3 events so far and that the first one had less then 25 players in it.

Well today I found some information on the last months event by accident. I called my friend Bob Conley and he informed me that he won the event last month and brought home the $25,000 1st prize.

He told me that he thought they had the max 48 players (he wasn't sure, but he did know it was over 40 players). Only 4 players qualify each month in this event.

Other players who qualified last month were John Chasel and Roy Powers. Congratulations to all three players.

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

The brochure I picked up at the LVH indicates that 65 players was their monthly goal and it's worded to imply they'll accommodate more if the situation arises. So it looks like they are only meeting about 2/3 of their goal which is consistent with other posts on the subject.

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I'm not even sure...

I'm not knocking the Las Vegas Hilton, but this really isn't the greatest tournament being run, so I haven't really followed it very closely, it may be 65 players or so.

However I do wish all my friends that have qualified or are going to play in it the best of luck. Unless I get a sponsor willing to pay my $2,500 you won't see me playing in it.