Last Hand, 2 players, you're >1/4 behind

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Monkeysystem, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Here was the final hand of the $25K satellite last night. How would you bet and play the hand? Bets 1K to 100K. Surrender allowed. BR1 has a secret bet and play; I used mine on the previous hand. BR1 had been betting twice to three times my lead and got a BJ to my push on the previous hand.

=>BR1 225,500 bet (secret), hand A,4, play: DD secret amount, DD card face down
    Me 198,000 bet 99,000, hand T,2
    Dealer T

BR1 pushed his DD while I busted mine. Could I have made better betting and playing decisions?

Note: I didn't think to check and see what BR1's bet and DD amount were. These numbers might be off by a tiny bit but they illustrate the situation.

2. Moses

Moses Active Member

I would take the low

I would have bet 27,000 and taken the low -- and lost.

3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

The low is not necessarily available if BR1 took the low with his secret bet

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

In a word....

...no :) !

If I figured BR1 for betting enough to cover my all-in win (which means a bet of £86,000) then you could bet £48,000 for the low. You could bet £15K to prevent the surrender of said £86K bet, or £30K to surrender back to lock out BR1s surrender and cover a push by BR1 with a win of your own. If they've bet £86K that is. They could have bet the max and covered you high and low if you split your BR. So if I was going to bet something other than you bet I'd go for the £30K. Then I'd hit the 12. And lose.

Cheers

Reachy

5. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

I saw that game Monkey...I was checking the games and happened to see your name as being in 2nd...so I clicked on....

I couldnt see anything I would have done differently...he got lucky....

Getting turned has been killing me the last few weeks....last night I came first place out of the money in 10 ...yep TEN frikin games....

I didnt get the impression that the winner was skilled at all...he was lucky....overbetting and making catches beyond statistical average...

You simply cant beat guys who fall into the outhouse and come out with a clean suit on...

If its any consolation when I saw the final hand of your game I moaned out loud.oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow......

I have lost this satt... in second place as well....its like getting your nose rubbed in it....lol