last position advantage with last bet allowing no limit.

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by greek007, Jan 29, 2006.

1. greek007

greek007 New Member

Semi finals
    6 people 3 advance

Many amateurs Bellagio tourny

Everyone was betting min with 6 hands left realized if no one busted I would have last action so I bet min next 5 hands.Ended up getting good situation
    where if everyone won i advanced and if everyone lost I advance. I didnt advance.

Question: Should I have thrown out strategy of trying to be BR1-3.Last bet you can bet all your chips if you want. With this format I feel I played correct do you agree.

2. Joep

Joep Active Member

Middle Position

When 3 out of 6 advance, and you bet last with no max bet,what you want to be looking for is the middle, where if you lose you bet ,you still have more held back than 3 others, and if you win you bet you will have more chips than 3 others,If you achieve this goal the only way you could lose is to get swung by multiple player's .Since you did not advance I assume that is what happened if that was the case welcome to the "Wonderful World" of Variance in Blackjack Tournaments.We have all been there and there is nothing you can do about it.Remember all you have control of is your bets and how you play your hands, everthing else is in someones hands and we all know who that is.

3. greek007

greek007 New Member

True but what do you think of my strategy ???.

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Not Enough Info

It would be unfair of me to tell you that your play was correct if I'm unaware of the bankrolls and bets and how you played your hand at the end.More info is needed to make that judgement