Let It Snow........

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by LeftNut, Dec 17, 2007.

1. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

This has nothing to do with blackjack, but I thought those of you in the southern states might get a chuckle.

You've all heard about the crippling snowstorm that hit us beginning Saturday night. Our immediate area was right in the bullseye. Between ten inches and a foot deep, followed by a stiff north wind that caused drifts up to two feet deep. Road crew drivers have been rotating eighteen hour shifts trying to plow and salt. They got the major roads cleared and salted - then the temperature dove unexpectedly low last night, freezing those roads into sheets of ice. One electrical supply substation northeast of Detroit got snow in it, sparking a fire that torched the whole thing and put thousands in the dark.

Yeah, we're having fun now........ :D

2. shay919

shay919 Member

Hey, LN. I'm in ok and we were hit with an ice storm last week. Our power went out right before I was going to play in the ubt cruise tournament. We were out of power from Sunday night to Thursday evening. Yuck!!! I will never think that candles and fireplaces are romatic after this. lol. Hope you get power back soon in your winter wonderland.

3. maxwell

maxwell Member

burrrrr

Hey Leftnut I Think You Should Get Away An Go On The Cruise-75 Degrees And A Mai Tai Or Whatever Floats Your Boat:d :d
    ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE FROZEN TUNDRA:eek: :eek:

4. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Shay919, I'd never belittle your terrible problems in OK. We only got a taste of that last week, although about 3 years ago we were hit by a similar situation. Here's hoping that things are getting back to normal in your area!
    Thanks, Maxwell. Snow, ice or whatever, I'll take our winters over your summers ANY day!!! :D

5. maxwell

maxwell Member

south texas

You Are Correct The Summers Here Are Extreme If Could Just Get Rid Of The Humidity (nothing Like Taking A Shower And Begin To Sweat After You Dry)
    :d :d
    IF IT DOES SNOW OR ICE HERE WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN IT A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN IT ICED OVER WE HAD 3500 ACCIDENTS IN ONE HOUR BETWEEN 8AM AND 9 AM

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  6. shay919

shay919 Member

LN, I didn't think you were belittling my situation. lol. I've got my power back on and I'm warm and toasty again.

7. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

8. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

:eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: