Local blackjack qualifiers...

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by TXtourplayer, Jan 15, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I just heard a local nightclub here in Dallas is going to host qualifying UBT blackjack tournament starting in Feb.

I will post more information as I get it. Radio advertising is scheduled within a couple of weeks.

I do know that here in Texas if there is any entry fee that 100% has to be returned as prize money and no cover charge maybe charge (legally anyway).

My point being is that the EV for these events should be very good and the fact that most of the players involved should be novice to tournament BJ events should even make these weekly events even more inviting.

2. jmbelders

jmbelders Member

What nightclub are you talking about? Or is that not known at this time.

3. TXtourplayer

Up date on local qualifiers...

Well I dug a little deeper and found out the BJ qualifiers have already started. Every Wed. night at 7:00 pm till about 9:00 pm you will get a "FREE" chance to play in these UBT qualifiers.

Each week they will be giving away different prizes to the nightly winners. The over all winner will receive a trip to Las Vegas and entry to play in the Palms UBT main event.

Like I posted earlier, a very nice EV, for us locals anyway.

It is being held at a Gentlemens Club in Dallas.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  4. mociferous

mociferous Member

You don't mean "Gentleman's" Club, do you? We are not allowed to try?:mad:

5. TXtourplayer

I'm willing to suck it up...

Yep, it is being held at a Gentlemans club, but that doesn't mean that you can't play, but probally that you won't want to come play.

I am not worried what type of club it is held in, just that it is close and offers a great EV, if I have to look at a few women to get this chance to play this close to home I am willing to suffer through it.

Sometimes you just have to play through the pain...LOL

6. jmbelders

jmbelders Member

Where at on Wednesday

Did you find out anymore information?

7. TXtourplayer

Yep, I found out more!!!!!

Seem's they started advertising their blackjack tournament, but aren't ready after all.

The promotion manager contacted me today and told me they won't start the UBT qualifiers until sometime in February after all.

I am not sure what the story is, but he asked to meet with me about the tournaments, so he may need dealers, rules, format, whatever.

I will post back about these tournaments after I have our meeting.

8. TXtourplayer

Local UBT qualifiers...

Well while I was at the Palms playing in their weekly UBT event the promotional manager from the Dallas gentlemans club called me (that is hosting the UBT qualifier).

He wanted to ask me about the format and rules when I got back in town, so I called him today and found out that they moved the qualifiers to Monday night and because they are starting late, they may change the prizes to something else, (they don't know if they can get all the qualifiers in before the April Palms event).

I am suppose to meet with him ASAP, I will keep you posted on what is happening. Hell if worst comes to worst I guess we can always just take cash prizes, (damn the bad luck)...LOL

9. mociferous

mociferous Member

Cash Prizes

Tx--I'm glad you said "cash prizes" instead of other options at the gentleman's club. :)

10. TXtourplayer

Lol

LOL, enough said.

11. TXtourplayer

Cancelled!!!!!!!!

Well I was told that the scheduled UBT satellites in Dallas have been canceled.

I was told that the club hosting these "FREE ROLLS" didn't have permission from UBT to use their name or to send a player up to the Palms event. I can't comfirm this, only that was what I was told.

I did learn that the club wasn't even going to use the UBT format, but standard elimination format instead (with 40 hands).

I was all excited about this (living so close to a free roll), I could have tried every week, until I made it. I am hoping some other locations try this concept of free rolls in the night club, just think how many players we could pick up for tournament play.

Guess I will have to try and qualify for the Palms through their weekly events next time I'm in Las Vegas anyway.