Lunch with Noman and Swog...

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by TXtourplayer, Apr 2, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I received a call last night from Noman, he told me he was going to be in Ft. Worth today and wanted to get together. So I called Swog and asked him to join us for lunch. To my surprise I found a clean-shaven Noman, the long time beard and moustache was gone.

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Does he talk non-English or does he just write non-English? :laugh:

3. WumpieJr

WumpieJr New Member

It takes a brave man to criticize grammar on a message board when all previous posts are lain bare for all to browse through and quote from :p

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Carlos Castanenda

Wumpie

I think Toolman may be referring to Noman's "stream of consciousness" approach to posting rather than his spelling or grammar which I'm sure are impeccable!

For some bizarre reason I'm really interested to know what you all had for dinner. Please tell!

Cheers

Reachy

5. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Reachy, What do you think we had for lunch???

Attached Images

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

cactus

I'd like to think you had Lophophora williamsii with some Psilocybe cubensis on the side but I suspect that's just an assumption that one makes having read and enjoyed many of noman's posts!

OK, massive stereotyping coming up! You all had 96oz steaks with fries and refried beans followed by twinkies. Am I close?

Cheers

Reachy

7. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

I took a photo.....

[​IMG]

8. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

WumpieJr:
    Reachy pretty much got it right. Everyone here knows that noman's writing style is unconventional to say the least. He does this on purpose to set himself apart from the "norm". His use of symbolism is unmatched on this site. I sometimes wish I had his wit and imagination. I never said anything about grammar.

Reachy:
    I had "Beef Pasty Pies" for dinner. That's chopped beef with small pieces of potatoes wrapped in a croissant like dough and baked to perfection. They are served smothered in beef gravy with mashed potatoes on the side. The best one's are from a small town in the state of Michigan. Eat you heart out! :D

swog:
    You only wish you could eat as good as the picture. :laugh:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  9. Reachy

Reachy New Member

tin miner

Toolman

That describes almost exactly what we call a "Cornish Pasty". These were made for Cornish tin miners and originally had both savory and sweet food in one convenient package. There is a raised pastry rim which was for holding the pasty and was discarded after the meal was finished. Typically you'd have beef and potato at one end of the pasty and apple at the other end. genius!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_pastie

Cheers

Reachy

Attached Files: