Majestic Star $100K event

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Aug 12, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

And The HOOK

I've been waiting for a tournament here all year. I believe this is the biggest tournament N.W. Indiana has ever seen. I was trying to get into the Grand (Tunica) with no luck. Maybe it's good that I got turned down.

Does anyone know what the maximum number of players they will accept at Majestic Star?

THE HOOK:
    Called today (Aug. 12) and found you can only enter in person, no telephone registration. At least that is the info I got today. If true, this creates a problem for out-of-towners. I'll be going there tomorrow morning to register and will report back any additional info I may find out.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

When I called, they mentioned that I could register with a credit card by talking to someone named Debbie. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's worth a try.

4. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

All in Bet

I've played this place before, smaller tourny and they had an "all in bet" available on the last hand. This was why I stopped making the drive to Gary, IN.

I also had to enroll in person, but maybe that has changed too.

Let us know what you find out Toolman. See you next weekend in St. Ignace?

Dan

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Update

I updated the calendar with all the info I know. Looks like they are as disorganized as ever. Dan, now it looks like all-in bets are permitted any time. Sounds like fun. On the positive side, most players there are inexperienced in tournament play.

I only hope this is a success. It could usher in a new series of larger tournaments in the area if it is successful. However, I have doubts about it's success. These players are not accustomed to paying $200 entry fee and most don't need the room. Even with a $100,000 prize pool, I think the vast majority will not see the opportunity. I understand that they still have a lot of openings - sign-up started 2 weeks ago.

Dan: See you at St. Ignace next week:D